What trailer for tracked chipper (tw230)

Dean O

Currently using a gd85 ifor. Which is good for size but now needs a new floor and a rewire and is a good few years old.

I've noticed one of the bearers is starting to bend. Not sure wether to spend a bit on it and maybe weld in some more bearers or just trade it in for new.

Not sure wether to get something stronger. Probably still an ifor as the dealers just down the road... but what are the options. What are you guys using?

Thanks. Dean

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks guys

I'm at home now, couldn't use the search function on my phone earlier for some reason.

they do look good, but I may need it to be able to carry out other duties too. carrying the odd log, stump grinder.

also looking at the possibility of having to carry a small 1.5 t digger.

can I fit one on a gd model due to having to accommodate the arm vs draw bar length?

am I asking it to do something it just cant do?

thinking at the mo that a shift to a 10 ft general purpose might allow me to spread the weight of the chipper on the bed better.

thinking at the mo that a shift to a 10 ft general purpose might allow me to spread the weight of the chipper on the bed better.

There is a lot to be said for some wiggle room. I've found on some plant trailers you just haven't got the room to achieve good weight distribution.

Something like an lm125 with ramps could work. If it's behind a 4x4 the 1.75m width is a bonus as it's the same or smaller than the vehicle. Comparitevly cheap as well.