DMM Captain Hook - First Impressions

TREEKIT

hook_blog__0000_Layer%207%20%280-00-00-07%29_800px%20wide.jpg

First impressions on the DMM Captain Hook by Marcus Undery (@timberwolf190).

Blog post by Marcus Undery

Make sure you watch our Captain videos:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao3KA0jFK5Y]Rec Climb with the Captain Hook[/ame]

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhN8xMifJzI]DMM Captain Hook Promo[/ame]

You can Pre-Order the DMM Captain Hook at TREEKIT now.

funny thing is, I was looking at one of those industrial fall arresters I have in my shed today, and I was thinking. If I take that giant carabiner off and attach some rope I could fling it onto a branch and make my way over....

being new to climbing, I'm full of ideas of how to do things different....

Then someone posts a vid up confirming my suspicions that it might be a winning idea..

great minds at work lads... great minds....

How does it throw like? Is its weight an advantage ? It does look nice , not sure I'm a fan of having a massive open metal hook hanging off my harness though but I guess it would be stored in a bag most of the time .. Would like to try one but I'm pretty fond of the epple hook.

funny thing is, I was looking at one of those industrial fall arresters I have in my shed today, and I was thinking. If I take that giant carabiner off and attach some rope I could fling it onto a branch and make my way over....

being new to climbing, I'm full of ideas of how to do things different....

Then someone posts a vid up confirming my suspicions that it might be a winning idea..

great minds at work lads... great minds....

It's not intended as any thing other than a work positioning aid , to use it as a primary life line is a big no and not what it was designed for.

It's not intended as any thing other than a work positioning aid , to use it as a primary life line is a big no and not what it was designed for.

I know what its designed for, I invented/came to the same conclusion in my shed today...

Your up a tree and you need to get to that branch, if only I had a hook to throw over that branch...

I'm not sure its something you'd use that often, but its something thats there if you need it...

It's pretty much a time saving necessity if working big open trees or avenues.

Well I can't speak for avenues LOL, not knowing what that means. But I certainly think they're a good idea if your careful with how you use em...

That is to say if you have used them, not that I have... Just watched a vid of one mon traversing a tree throwing a version of this thing... I don't know about him, but I was on the edge of my seat watching him...

I'm sure some tree climbers like to film stuff just to scare the hell out the viewer.....:blushing: