New forum coming soon, have your say on new features you would like to see now.

Steve Bullman

After all the Hassle recently with endless posts from a individual can you not consider keep the Lounge away from being seen from Todays posts so keeping non-arb topics out of sight , I know only members can see the Lounge but personally I think seeing lounge topics drags the professional look of the forum down and keeps relevant topics high on the list .

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID

I think it is excellent as it is, but obviously changes have to be made to keep systems working.

I find it very easy to read navigate on my iPad, iPod or phone using the normal website.

I like the idea of classified ads coming back as i have never found arb trader as easy to use as the main site, keep up the good work and thanks for a great site.

In addition to the current landscaping forum we have you mean? Or just expanding on it

Hi Steve, as an additional feature for smaller businesses like small mowing and gardening services, this could also include allotment holders, etc, this is a great site with great people with a wealth of information to be shared, you all do a great job Thank you

Would it be possible to have a "participated threads" button, as on the app?

I don't use the full site much at the moment (broken 'puter) but when I did, the biggest issue for me was the search facility. I understand that very short search terms are unworkable, but strings of words would be great?

For example searching for 346 won't work, but "best bar size for a 346" only searches for "best size" I believe?

Not feeling eloquent enough to explain it better at the mo, sorry.

That minor issue being my main gripe says to me that it's going pretty well!

Thanks very much for your enduring efforts, it's very much appreciated and has made a big change in my work, and even my private life. (stevie blair's stress thread...)

Would it be possible to have a "participated threads" button, as on the app?

I don't use the full site much at the moment (broken 'puter) but when I did, the biggest issue for me was the search facility. I understand that very short search terms are unworkable, but strings of words would be great?

For example searching for 346 won't work, but "best bar size for a 346" only searches for "best size" I believe?

Not feeling eloquent enough to explain it better at the mo, sorry.

That minor issue being my main gripe says to me that it's going pretty well!

Thanks very much for your enduring efforts, it's very much appreciated and has made a big change in my work, and even my private life. (stevie blair's stress thread...)

What you see will be entirely customizable. There will be the default search patterns such as todays posts like we already have but beyond that you can set up your own custom stream to show whatever you want

I have run similar threads in the past but life gets in the way of things and Arbtalk has remained as it is long overdue.

Good news is I now have the software installed and development is now full steam ahead. I would like your feedback on what you would like to see, or features you would find useful on the new site. Anythings possible within reason so fire away your suggestions.

To cut down on some noise in this thread I am listing some features that will be on the new forum. There will be a like button before I get 100 replies asking for that :001_rolleyes:

How about a "like" button (If no one has previously mentioned it)?

Yeah might introduce one