Advice on a accident

Pbtaylor2014

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's mental, what kind of moron would do this. Surely they need to change the law if this keeps happening. (How many BMW divers are involved in this? Lol)

It is but it's a fact, I personally don't pull out of a side road if a car is coming even if it's indicating to turn in, I'll wait to see his wheels turn 1st, the minute or so it takes to make sure is better than the half hour at the scene and countless hours grief spent if you pull out and they then decide to drive into you regardless if it's on purpose or not. They'll also try to brake test you so I keep a couple of car lengths between me and the car in front.

Sad but you have to be on the defensive all the time.

It is but it's a fact, I personally don't pull out of a side road if a car is coming even if it's indicating to turn in, I'll wait to see his wheels turn 1st, the minute or so it takes to make sure is better than the half hour at the scene and countless hours grief spent if you pull out and they then decide to drive into you regardless if it's on purpose or not. They'll also try to brake test you so I keep a couple of car lengths between me and the car in front.

Sad but you have to be on the defensive all the time.

I agree I drive the same as you and assume every other driver is likely to do something stupid.

I may be ignorant I just didn't realise it was actually this bad.

There are people who will try anything rather than a days work. Over here we have R plates, once a learner passes their test they drive for a year with an R plate. This instantly marks them out as inexperienced drivers and are fair game in the event of a minor accident that isn't their fault for the other driver to come across shouting the odds and saying it was the young drivers fault, young girls are most at risk especially if they're travelling alone, the f***ers that try this sort of stunt need educating with a wheelbrace.

I'd force every whiplash claim to court, claimant pays all costs win or lose.....

I had a right run with my insurance providers at their offices once about this, told em my insurance was skyrocketing because of their lax approach to claims investigations..

mentioned a TV programme about whiplash and Asians and they blew their lids, threatened to throw me out their office and said they can insure anyone they like, or not insure anyone they like.....do you mean me? I said...

No answer, but the implication was there, complain and we won't insure you....

Is it any wonder I pay my insurance through gritted teeth..

A friend of mine got shunted a couple of years ago and the other driver claimed whiplash injuries for himself and 3 family member passengers who were not even in the car at the time of the accident. Another had a bump from behind and the other drivers car was written off by the insurance who claimed my friend reversed into him at speed, he was on a Kawasaki ZX9 at the time and when he notified the other insurance of this they didn't even apologise. The bloke who hit him had been on Jeremy Kyle show the week previously and thought he was famous or something.

Usually it is very clear, if the other driver goes into the back of you then it would be his fault for not keeping a distance and due care and attention.

However, if he has driven into the chipper and asking for money, then I guess his argument would be that the chipper was blocking your brake lights and the ones on the chipper were not working (that as far as I can work out, would be his case if he had one). I guess he is hoping that £400 is just under your excess and time and hassle of going through the insurance companies etc. Its a very kind offer of him as it was your fault!!!

I would decline the offer as you are not at fault (just check your break lights on the chipper), and ask for his insurance details and that you will inform them of the accident, also inform the police.

Personally I had also had a similar experience to one above. I was on my motorbike at a T Junction, about to go left and my bike disappeared from under me. I turned around to see a BMW driver who was adamant that I was at fault as I was clearly speeding and cutting the corner of the junction just as he was entering it!!! I did point out that my bike is on the other side of the road and unless his car drives in reverse he was the wrong way around! I took out my phone and starting to take photos at which point he jumped in his car and drove off. Found out he was uninsured drive and had been for some time.

What was really odd was that he managed to get Tesco to cover his insurance and cover the claim!!! go figure.....

I'd force every whiplash claim to court, claimant pays all costs win or lose.....

I had a right run with my insurance providers at their offices once about this, told em my insurance was skyrocketing because of their lax approach to claims investigations..

mentioned a TV programme about whiplash and Asians and they blew their lids, threatened to throw me out their office and said they can insure anyone they like, or not insure anyone they like.....do you mean me? I said...

No answer, but the implication was there, complain and we won't insure you....

Is it any wonder I pay my insurance through gritted teeth..

Am I reading your first statement correctly?.......

Someone drives into the back of my vehicle causing me whiplash injuries, we end up in court and that court finds in my favour, I should pay the costs for myself and the person that caused the accident/injuries.

You can't mean the above, Shirley.

Am I reading your first statement correctly?.......

Someone drives into the back of my vehicle causing me whiplash injuries, we end up in court and that court finds in my favour, I should pay the costs for myself and the person that caused the accident/injuries.

You can't mean the above, Shirley.

You're talking about a legitimate claim, he's talking about all the fraudsters...

I had the same I ran into the back of a car once (sub 5mph slow moving traffic), no damage at all although I accept it was my fault. She claimed £5000 for whiplash injuries. I contacted the insurance to discuss it and all they said was that she had a doctor's note and there was nothing they could do.