FORST TR6 TIMBERWOLF TW230 or GREENMECH 160

Acg128

Personally I don't like any of the sub 750k stuff, had it in the past but would rather have a heavier built machine, we run an 8" forst and an 8" jensen both great but well above 750kg, the st6 is better built that both others but again over 750kg, there is little substitute for thick metal in this game.

Edited by Ian C

I've just finished 3 excellent years with a greenmech quadchip with excellent backup from PeteB in sales and Mac and Jase in the service department. Very few issues through the time and excellent service from Orange Plant in Newcastle when I did need parts (Don't got direct to GM for parts, the bloke there is useless and on a number of occasions provided incorrect information). I've now moved to a Forst TR6 (on price more than anything else) which SEEMS to be more substantially built (I've only had it weeks)but it weighs 1300kg vs 750kg for the GM. All the steel is thicker, the feed hopper and discharge chute are much heavier and I am hoping the feed hopper won't 'bell out' like the GM one did.

I have never had a thing for TW's since I had an older 150 which when it had a good few hours on became a bit of a what will break next machine.

You can't really compare the Forst to the GM or TW. If you want sub 750kg look at GM, if weight isn't an issue then why not look to the Forst ST8 or TW190.

Get some on demo. I tried the TR6 and TR8 and decided on 6" due to varitrack and the ability to load it into the back of a panel van

Edited by Kev Stephenson

Weight isn't an issue to me but it is with the age of most subbies etc, I'll have to try and sort a demo on the 160 as dealer is 20 minutes up the road.. What's the opening like on the greenmech compared to the forst and Tw? Horizontal or vertical rollers? Going on older Tws for sale they rust more than others.

Weight isn't an issue to me but it is with the age of most subbies etc, I'll have to try and sort a demo on the 160 as dealer is 20 minutes up the road.. What's the opening like on the greenmech compared to the forst and Tw? Horizontal or vertical rollers? Going on older Tws for sale they rust more than others.

i think i read the new tw,s are 2,pack paint job :001_smile:

The forst was a nice tidy machine and I actually got on with the buttons on the hopper I was warned about although the it is nice on the 230 not having to fully reverse all the brash out of the feed rollers before re introducing it.. Going to redwoods place to view all mentioned chippers on Thursday :thumbup:

image.jpg.7fbf24da4f3ee5d88dcc09919d5fb218.jpg