help would this be safe honesty please

philip2011

I have a Petzl Avaho and to be honest creating a bridge that attaches to the side D rings would be unbearable if you were hanging in the harness, ever tried hanging in the harness from your lanyard?

I recently bought a TreeUp TH30, it has a floating bridge (webbing) and I've added a DMM small swivel. Been trying it out today and it's pretty good, look identical to the Treehog TH5000 and I've read that they are both made by the same company, Protekt.

I bought mine from Germany via ebay, £110 shipped. It doesn't have as many slots in the waist belt for carabiners as the Petzl and isn't as nicely finished but it does have 2 gear loops and one carabiner slot on the right for clipping a saw.

TreeUp TH30, See Here

www.treeup.com

Obviously I'd have liked a Petzl Sequoia SRT but it's close to £300.

Edited by R Mac

I have a Petzl Avaho and to be honest creating a bridge that attaches to the side D rings would be unbearable if you were hanging in the harness, ever tried hanging in the harness from your lanyard?

I recently bought a TreeUp TH30, it has a floating bridge (webbing) and I've added a DMM small swivel. Been trying it out today and it's pretty good, look identical to the Treehog TH5000 and I've read that they are both made by the same company, Protekt.

I bought mine from Germany via ebay, £110 shipped. It doesn't have as many slots in the waist belt for carabiners as the Petzl and isn't as nicely finished but it does have 2 gear loops and one carabiner slot on the right for clipping a saw.

TreeUp TH30, See Here

www.treeup.com

Obviously I'd have liked a Petzl Sequoia SRT but it's close to £300.

Ye looks OK but gonna get na petzl one I think or butterfly not sure my mates got a butterfly might try his on or maybe a weaver climbed on them they seem solid

I had this harness for a couple of years.....hated it....and applying a make it yourself bridge will only make this even worse. Get a new one. You won't look back

I assume you're talking about the Petzl Avaho? just goes to show how different we all are and how something that's comfortable for one person won't suit another.

I found the Avaho really comfortable and liked the position of the gear racks and tool loops, also like the way the waist buckles were situated, so much so that I'd go for the Sequoia SRT rather than the regular Sequoia. The only downside with the Avaho that I found was the fixed central tie in point which was a bit restrictive for good work positioning, standing sideways on to the canopy tie in point tended to pull the harness to the side/twist against you.