Best place to start in tree surgery

Sawted

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the same situation bud, I can't offer any extra advice other than just plodding. Send out your CV to locals and see what comes of it.

Must be relatively local to you too, I'm South Leic / North Northants border. Where are you doing your courses?

All the best with it - positive mental attitude & all that ;)

I'm just outside Leicester mate but will pretty much go anywhere if given a chance lol doing courses at park hill training local to me and good reviews and seem good and very helpful u got any tickets? What sort of age are you mate?

34 :blushing:

Park Hill is bang on. You'll probably have Ant Harley as your instructor, certainly for the 38 - great guy :thumbup1:

Did my 30/31 at Moulton College with Ant before Christmas, then my 38 at Park Hill a few weeks ago, but haven't had any real use out of it since - still looking for exp and work - thankfully still employed so there's no major rush.

I'm obviously by no means pro and still get jelly legs at 50ft :biggrin:, but if you wanna have a climb sometime, give me a shout. I only have the one kit, but it'll get you into a tree :thumbup1:

Oh brilliant glad you rate park hill it's like anything new u never quiet know if they as good as everyone says do u. Hopefully we will both find a job and all be good then hey Might take u up on the offer of a climb mate be good to at least have a go been up roofs etc with my job but a tree is different game. Know ok tho as did rock climbing a few years ago and loved and the higher I sent the more I enjoyed it. What do u do for a job mate?

Oh brilliant glad you rate park hill it's like anything new u never quiet know if they as good as everyone says do u. Hopefully we will both find a job and all be good then hey �� Might take u up on the offer of a climb mate be good to at least have a go been up roofs etc with my job but a tree is different game. Know ok tho as did rock climbing a few years ago and loved and the higher I sent the more I enjoyed it. What do u do for a job mate?

Sounds like you'll be better with heights that I am :blushing:

Warehouse manager at the mo, mind-numbing, mundane and soul destroying :biggrin:

to get in , you'll likely need

cs 30 crosscut & maintenanceso you can cut downed bits for the chipper ? , with 31 as an option

cs 30 allows to polechainsaw , handy for work at height avoidance

cs31 leads on to felling upto 380mm allows to cs32 over 380mm

cs31 leads to cs39 + need cs38

cs 38 aerial rescue & tree climbing ,act as rescue climber , allows to cs39 use of saw

a chipper ticket is handy as almost all Arb firms have them

so 30, 31, 38 & chipper are a good start then build as you see, all depends on the need of the firm your looking to work with,

the more quals you got the more they can reasonably ask you to do , gives them more reason to say yes