Hell of an echo in here...

TimberCutterDartmoor

1f4b3a98-062c-4e65.jpgI've got a cs-510 with I bought from eBay for the bargain price of £125(!), only bought it to give it a try for the money didn't think I could go wrong, that was almost 2 years ago and its been my main ground saw ever since, never put a foot wrong, would deffo buy the 600 if saw one for the right price

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Edited by dan494

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CS-270wes the little one of the bunch at 27cc! :001_tt2: came with a 12" bar but in fairness that was to much for it (I only run a 13" on my 346xp), dropped it to an 8" carving bar and its great now:thumbup: I carry it round on the alstor and quadbike as a handy little saw as it doesnt take up to much space, its ace for coppicing and hedgelaying with,

IMAG0827.jpg.95885f8795ad0f9977b3653a74f2f761.jpg

One thing i've always loved about the Echo saws is the fact they are fitted with a proper Air Filter. I'll try and post some pictures of the new CS610 soon. Plus look out for the New CS550 coming out in the Summer. It should be a great MS261 alternative.

• 10 months later...
the only echo saw ive been around was guy i climb for he used to have a echo top handle. it was useless hard to start even harder to keep running. but things change maybe there good saws now :001_smile:

+1 have a echo and that is a DOG. it starts stops you have to feather it to get it run right when running good saw now using it on aspen and looks as if it likes it so is working a bit better. but not perfect. unlike my Husky starts first pull and runs cracking saw.

tempted but after the one we have bit concerned to buy another one

+1 have a echo and that is a DOG. it starts stops you have to feather it to get it run right when running good saw now using it on aspen and looks as if it likes it so is working a bit better. but not perfect. unlike my Husky starts first pull and runs cracking saw.

tempted but after the one we have bit concerned to buy another one

Blame the tools!!! The saw aint at fault; whoever pdi'd it or set it up is. Or simple lack of maintenance.

• 10 months later...

I'm fond of the new 500P AKA Shindaiwa 502S. It's a 50cc top end on the Shindaiwa 452/45cc chassis. It weighs nearly 12 ounces less than a 346xp, and is easy to muffler mod with just a screwdriver.

I'm fond of the new 500P

The USA product range seems markedly different from the UK offerings particularly at the top end. I'm not even sure, judging from the recommended bar lengths, if the 6xx UK and USA models are the same. Perhaps they are just more optimistic in the USA :wink:

Do you use the 16, 18 or 20 inch bar on yours and does it have sufficient grunt?