560xp problem

TKO

I don't think this is a new thing , my first 262's only lasted year -year and a half , my first 560 lasted 800 hours before the crank case caused massive issues although it was not hammered but that resulted in a complete rebuild with new bottom end... I would like to think that now crank case issues have been sorted they should last a lot longer. . A few years in to production most faults are ironed out...the thing with the 560 every one was waiting for this new saw that promised to be the next 262 so a lot were brought I would say before the faults could of been ironed out , more were probably brought off the back of the initial run being great performers then all of a sudden every one is hitting the teething problems and there's a lot of bad press.... I've still had no major issues with day to day running apart from my first saws catastrophic failure ! But I would not run any thing else as they cut that great.

My 560 has been an absolute joke,it's had a split oil tank gasket,oil pump replacement,new exhaust,numerous missing bolts,brake band (hardly use it) and an annoying lag when revved from idle,it's done probably 20 days work in 18 months,seems to be ok now but if it breaks again the highest bidder can have it gladly,totally unreliable,now use mainly Dolmar and Echo,no issues whatsoever

Matty, You had any experience of rebuilding the top end of a 560?

I've had spud help me on one 560 rebuild he did the other when he ported it after a big failure so put the ported top end on brand a new short block I did a 550 top end the other day though ... It runs ok but I've cocked up the choke lever a bit but the 550 is that bit smaller and fiddly but done in sequence not to bad... After a few times they are not to daunting just took photos and labelled the bits and bolts.

I've had spud help me on one 560 rebuild he did the other when he ported it after a big failure so put the ported top end on brand a new short block I did a 550 top end the other day though ... It runs ok but I've cocked up the choke lever a bit but the 550 is that bit smaller and fiddly but done in sequence not to bad... After a few times they are not to daunting just took photos and labelled the bits and bolts.

just make sure the spring on the choke lever is set in the correct place as it mates to the carb. Just a case of slackening the two bolts and adjusting. Even dealers get this wrong!

• 2 weeks later...
hi ,am new to this,ive owned a 560 for2.5 yrs now,best saw by far,although its the only husky saw that always needs a backup on a dys work,but the other day the crank sheared behind clutch,is this a common thing?thanks in advance

Can't be that good it you darent go anywhere without another saw for when it inevitably breaks?!

Husky do the short block complete for about £200 so new big ends crank seals and case is not a bad price.

I carry a back up also but would not want to use any other saw.

I brought another 560 when the bottom end went on my first 560 which I was kind of expecting as it was one of the first gen with only 5 case bolts ,saved up for the bits and sent the knackered saw to spud and it was rebuilt with a pop up piston, ported head and a muffler mod it's pretty mad and if I'm honest I will probably use the standard 560 if I'm working all day as it requires concentration but is good for a few tanks to speed things up during the day.