560xp problem

TKO

That's a story you gotta enlighten us with it sounds good hope it wasn't to do with a fuel pipe and breather :thumbup::thumbup:

The exhaust outlet points down at the ground, one hot summer, a bit of dry grass chainsaw left idling and .........flippin heck, get the hose:blushing::lol:

Yes that was lucky, but perfect for stubble burning or weed control

I had a L65 in for check over and I had the bar stuck in a big log with the saw bolt upright and was repairing the back handle little did I know there grommet that holds the fuel pipe in the top of the tank underneath the carb was non existent and of course petrol running out everywhere luckily I didn't get the saw too hot just a little smoke from the exhaust

Luckily the grommet and pipe from an old stihl blower fits perfect

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2016 at 11:24, njm said:

I still own and use my 254 which i used in the wood , saw has done a good shift on the hill and 25 years on and off firewood duty , i have never had the pot off the saw , fitted an oil pump and a clutch thats about it ..

254 is a great saw, had mine 20 odd years and runs now the same as it did all them years ago. Shame they dont make them the same, its all very well having the fancy carrot to temp you into buying the latest and the up and coming youngsters are lured into a throw away world, inventing the wheel comes to mind. Very happy with my old 254 , nice and simple to service no fancy electronic gadgetry...... except the heatded handles, one has to have a little comfort when we get old :-)  

• Like 1

254s are great saws, I get them in for porting now and then and the small size and weight always get me, nice and compact and after porting.......bloody hell they are bonkers. When I first did Tom Ds (first one for me) when I first fired it up, I was gobsmacked by the transformation. They were no sluggard standard but wow, pickup was transformed in to a right mini beast!

3 hours ago, spudulike said:

254s are great saws, I get them in for porting now and then and the small size and weight always get me, nice and compact and after porting.......bloody hell they are bonkers. When I first did Tom Ds (first one for me) when I first fired it up, I was gobsmacked by the transformation. They were no sluggard standard but wow, pickup was transformed in to a right mini beast!

Still use mine now and then,  love it, maybe i should send it to you Spud and get it ported,what you reckon