560xp problem

TKO

Hi there guys,

Iv got a 560xp that doesn't want to idle. I can rip it over on half choke and keep blipping the throttle between cuts but the second I take my finger off the throttle it dies.

I have had the eahaust off and there is some really faint marks on the piston but nothing major.

Is it part seizure? Or loss of compression do you think?

At this point I'm looking at a big bill to fix either way, I just want to buy the right fix.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Any reduction in compression will affect the idle. Drive side crank seals can also be an issue.

Okay sweet! there's no visible leaking from any of the crank case seals. So if I'm looking at pot and piston, do you reckon I could get away with just a piston? The pot looks in good shape

What have I done that is likely to have caused scoring on the exhaust side of the piston.

Okay sweet! there's no visible leaking from any of the crank case seals. So if I'm looking at pot and piston, do you reckon I could get away with just a piston? The pot looks in good shape

What have I done that is likely to have caused scoring on the exhaust side of the piston.

It is unlikely you will see any residue from a leaking seal so a visual inspection is near useless. You need to seal the crankcase and measure the leakage or at very least, seal it, pressurise it 10psi) and use soapy water!

You need to pull the cylinder off and see what sort of damage is on the piston, the cylinder will probably clean up, the 560 does have some issues with the nylon bearing cages , if the cage has broken up its saw right apart, they still run but do not sound right and there is a noticable increase in vibration, lets hope it was just a lubrication issue, what oil are you using?

Hi there guys,

Iv got a 560xp that doesn't want to idle. I can rip it over on half choke and keep blipping the throttle between cuts but the second I take my finger off the throttle it dies.

I have had the eahaust off and there is some really faint marks on the piston but nothing major.

Is it part seizure? Or loss of compression do you think?

At this point I'm looking at a big bill to fix either way, I just want to buy the right fix.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

90 % OF THE 560'S i have seen with this type of fault have been down to carb fault / autotune unit or crank case gasket failure , cylinder gaskets leak like sieves on the 560 ... Husky use sealant now fore and aft on the cylinder .

Bit of thread drift - hope you all can cope..! 560xp with 700 hours and big compression drop, so that it would not start or be difficult. Would it in all honesty be worth replacing top end to keep as a second saw? Shop is saying not (they could have taken my money!) as tends to blow out the bottom at that many hours. Any thoughts?

Bit of thread drift - hope you all can cope..! 560xp with 700 hours and big compression drop, so that it would not start or be difficult. Would it in all honesty be worth replacing top end to keep as a second saw? Shop is saying not (they could have taken my money!) as tends to blow out the bottom at that many hours. Any thoughts?

Some time the crank stuffers can become loose and can cause a tragedy . Maybe that's what they were referring to . Without stripping it right down to check I suppose its a gamble .

Quite. (Like a lot of things.) Depends on the price. Anyone any idea of barrel/piston + gasget...?

I have come on here to purge myself of a sin I find totally abhorrent; I did not realise my own stupidity was capable of going this far. Viz, that the air filter splits in half to enable cleaning inside! Thought it was a bit difficult to get clean and in defence is not mentioned in the manual.... Regularly went in the washing machine in a sock though. But then folk are saying that 700 hours total is not bad for a full time 560 anyway so maybe I did better than I thought.................. Others beware!!