Meetings with remarkable trees, the Arbtalk version

Steve Bullman

• 4 weeks later...

The Ely Plane tree.

I used to sneak in to this garden, when it used to be an old peoples home, as a teenager and drink cans of fosters with mates while watching the ducks. It usually took the grounds men a few hours to find me before I was asked to move on. Now it's owned by a school that my eldest daughter goes to. So I took the excuse of an Easter egg hunt to sneak back in and have a look. It's only 100 m from my mothers house so I see the canopy all the time, but standing at the base of this tree is something else!! ImageUploadedByArbtalk1458600638.307798.jpg.cf9483657b2187a50870794a566688fe.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1458600596.755300.jpg.319d7734ec7ec8fecbd5c5124e79fb7c.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1458600622.924365.jpg.fed5ad99aac3b55b2feb36c761d78fcb.jpg

The Ely Plane tree.

I used to sneak in to this garden, when it used to be an old peoples home, as a teenager and drink cans of fosters with mates while watching the ducks. It usually took the grounds men a few hours to find me before I was asked to move on. Now it's owned by a school that my eldest daughter goes to. So I took the excuse of an Easter egg hunt to sneak back in and have a look. It's only 100 m from my mothers house so I see the canopy all the time, but standing at the base of this tree is something else!!

A great tree indeed Will, have snuck in a couple of times myself in the past to revel in the sheer majesty of what's a beast of a tree.

Few other shots of it on this previous thread (post 5)

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/73807-great-british-trees.html

I think David Humphries has a bit of a collection of Phoenix trees tucked away somewhere.

Would be nice to see some from Mr Humphries.

I'm planning on making more of an effort to take pictures of these trees when i pass them.

A few images of Phoenix trees on this previous thread.....

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/tree-health-care/7339-ents-make-move.html