Just looking for some info!

Eddiebell123

Alright lads

I am still pretty new to this site , I have bin in the industry around 2 year , bin on the ground for majority of that time now done my climbing. I am employed and working 5 days a week but have recently bought my own transit tipper to get out there on a weekend , just won ting to see what kind of interest I would get for a groundie with saws and tipper

I am in South Yorkshire area if that's any interest to anyone

Cheers Ed :thumbup:

I wouldn't of dreamt going on my own after only two years! IMO people need more experience before doing there own jobs!

I suppose it depends how you intend to work it though.

If you are going to get freelance climbers and provide the ground bits of the job then why not?

If you are paying the climber then you can slow them a bit if you want to learn.

I suppose it depends how you intend to work it though.

If you are going to get freelance climbers and provide the ground bits of the job then why not?

If you are paying the climber then you can slow them a bit if you want to learn.

Asking more really weather climbers would use me as a groundie but could make use of my tipper

I reckon you could drum up a fair amount of work with the tipper, even on your own doing small work, topping conifers, clearance work etc. some might consider two years not enough to go out doing your own work, but then how long? You might have gained more varied experience in your two years than someone else who's been doing the same kind of work for ten. I had zero experience when I struck out on my own, got made redundant on the Thursday, found out the wife was pregnant on Saturday. No choice so started doing gardening, which led to tree work, almost all conifer topping and removal, trimming up cherry trees, etc. I have a mwb transit and 10x5 trailer, for now I hire a chipper when there's enough profit to cover it. In my second year of business and thinks are going well, plenty of small work out there until your qualified to take on the bigger stuff, and plenty of low paid climbers happy to get a weekends work and double their wages. Get liability insurance and don't take stupid risks, one mistake can snuff out a fledgling business.

I reckon you could drum up a fair amount of work with the tipper, even on your own doing small work, topping conifers, clearance work etc. some might consider two years not enough to go out doing your own work, but then how long? You might have gained more varied experience in your two years than someone else who's been doing the same kind of work for ten. I had zero experience when I struck out on my own, got made redundant on the Thursday, found out the wife was pregnant on Saturday. No choice so started doing gardening, which led to tree work, almost all conifer topping and removal, trimming up cherry trees, etc. I have a mwb transit and 10x5 trailer, for now I hire a chipper when there's enough profit to cover it. In my second year of business and thinks are going well, plenty of small work out there until your qualified to take on the bigger stuff, and plenty of low paid climbers happy to get a weekends work and double their wages. Get liability insurance and don't take stupid risks, one mistake can snuff out a fledgling business.

That's what I am looking for that is why I have invested I'm my transit I work all week for a big firm , yes I only have 2 years Experience But the work we do day in day out folk don't get to do every day! I just like to get some work in on a weekend now weather that is groundieing or my own stuff ..

Cheers for the advise dude!