Show us your processor modifications

Woodworks

Ours is a Riko/Farmi WP36 and like others have mentioned, the bar that you attach to the bed for the log lift sometimes catches on the frame as it returns after splitting and the whole bed of the machine lifts, with the potential for damage to either the bed or the elevator.

The solution is low-tech but effective – a bungee strap.

IMG_20161221_093907747.jpg.b1de141066a70bcbc24d8077b022a9d5.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 20/12/2016 at 17:50, yebaws said:

Thanks for sharing these mods. I already have a similar setup for standalone splitting with cord and handle, except I just use the slot in top that's already there (no need to even drill a hole). Middle guide looks useful. I don't have short logs, but having that extra guide would reduce the chance of dropped heavy logs bending my infeed plate again (just in the process of reinforcing this). Another mod I had thought of was extending the arms of the V on the existing first roller - would make it easier to slide logs into it. Another one would be to channel the starter cord somehow so that the engine could be re-started from the operators side after it stalls. That could be a bit more fiddly...

Recently changed the starter cord on mine and you can bolt the starter mechanism on at various angles. Just bolted it back on one set of holes further clockwise and hey presto it's a doddle to start from the working position.

6 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Recently changed the starter cord on mine and you can bolt the starter mechanism on at various angles. Just bolted it back on one set of holes further clockwise and hey presto it's a doddle to start from the working position.

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

• 1 year later...

Posted on its own thread but would be good to post it here too.

Added a hydraulic take off point for external spliter for the stuff that does not fit in the chamber.

Checking this thread reminded me re the foot operated lever & the middle roller so might look at them next. Also been looking at a fitted log deck.

IMG_20201016_132520.jpg

IMG_20201016_132501.jpg

IMG_20201016_132510.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Stalls the engine unless I'm quick enough to let go of the lever, in which case it returns. Sometimes you can get through awkward logs by pulsing the knife through, but sometimes that just gets the splitting knife completely jammed in the log. Then it's out with the sledge hammer, or failing that the chainsaw..

• Thanks 1

On 04/11/2020 at 19:23, woodwizzard said:

On your WP30 and 36, what happens if the ram gets stuck splitting a log. Does it auto return or stall the engine?

I never get stalls from the splitter unless I am really dozing on the lever. Say 1 in 100m3.

I get more stalls from the chainsaw jamming.