Show us your processor modifications

Woodworks

• 9 months later...

Sure many of you have had a tinker to make your machines work better.

Still have a few more things to add to ours but here are three modifications which have helped our Farmi

1. Extra roller on the infeed

2. Pull cord to activate the splitter while standing by the splitter

3. Single spit blade that can be dropped down to not split.

Be interesting to see what mods others have done

Thanks for sharing these mods. I already have a similar setup for standalone splitting with cord and handle, except I just use the slot in top that's already there (no need to even drill a hole). Middle guide looks useful. I don't have short logs, but having that extra guide would reduce the chance of dropped heavy logs bending my infeed plate again (just in the process of reinforcing this). Another mod I had thought of was extending the arms of the V on the existing first roller - would make it easier to slide logs into it. Another one would be to channel the starter cord somehow so that the engine could be re-started from the operators side after it stalls. That could be a bit more fiddly...

This is how my table got bent.

A small branch got drawn into the gap between the moving part of the in feed table and the static part. If your looking at the cutting and splitting very easy for a small piece of wood to work it's way a long way in levering the two parts of the in feed apart. To avoid this happening again I fitted a small angle bracket underneath to block a sticks progress.

IMG_20161220_174805.jpg.0256af01e4ae3cd7d46203d5e4315aec.jpg

IMG_20161220_174732.jpg.5fec46c6f709be8e70fa7178b436b48b.jpg

IMG_20161220_174718.jpg.e22e5890eef6519d4cdf1fa6923abca5.jpg

This is how my table got bent.

A small branch got drawn into the gap between the moving part of the in feed table and the static part. If your looking at the cutting and splitting very easy for a small piece of wood to work it's way a long way in levering the two parts of the in feed apart. To avoid this happening again I fitted a small angle bracket underneath to block a sticks progress.

excellent, thanks. Will do that too with a bit of angle iron when I get my grinder sorted.

How where did you get your finger caught on a processor??

I have a firewood processor and the only place I see that is dangerous is putting your hand in the conveyor belt roller

Or putting your hand on the chainsaw or the splitting chamber some how activates whilst your hand is in there

working a firewood processor upside down could be pretty dodgy...

Polish girl who works with us at times degloved her finger when she jumped off the trailer. The ring on her finger got snagged and drew all the skin and tissue off. They had to amputate.

Had a similar 'close call' a while ago...

But it was the wife that said to no longer wear my wedding ring after that!