Bar spacers

woodwizzard

Sorry I don't always see the threads - better to PM me if I don't answer!

I'm pretty sure that would be the 9mm to 12mm spacer. Can you put up a pic of the mount of the Dolmar? As not sure if the plate screw would be in the same place....

But you can try one if you like and send it back if it don't fit! Has taken ages to get these spacers right but they work really well.

You may have to drill the Stihl bar's tensioner hole out from 6mm to 7mm but that's it and it should fit fine.

They are on ebay at the moment and actually as it's very hard on the website to change the postage for one off small items easier to buy:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/chainsawbars-alaskanmill-and-treet/Adapter-plates-and-springs-/_i.html?_fsub=9370024015

Reminds me I need to do a thread on these adapter plates.

I'd love to see a world where everything was standardised and all chains were .063 and one chainsaw mount would fit all!

Husky to Stihl in the larger mounts are an easy thing 9mm to 12mm (or D009 mount to D025).

The Dolmar saws that share the Husky mount should be the same - let us know!

Echo are a little harder to get right...

Thanks for that Rob. Will see if I can get a picture up, prefer nuts and bolts than techno-trickery :laugh1:

I have offered up a stihl bar to the maki side cover and the adjuster peg fits the hole in the bar fine. The husky must use a larger peg. Thanks for your help, Jim.

No prob - these adapters are really nice in that you can screw them to the saw and then there really is no difference from fitting the bar from a Stihl saw to a Husky saw.

Husky has a 7mm tensioner on most larger saws so perhaps the Makita is 6mm or less like the Stihl which is good to know.

The chains should be the same in each case as well.

We will be doing the Sugi multi mount bars cheaper soon as an incentive for people to use them. That way we can cut down on the range of bars we stock.

If you can get some pics up and some feedback on these ideal :thumbup1: