working in usa

northman

I'm interested in packing up and moving to the good old U.S. the thing is despite trying to look up as much as I can find that's rellevant i'm still none the wiser about my chances of being accepted. Basically does anyone know what the best route would be find work out there? I have cs31,32 lantra chipper and have my climbing booked to so by the time a cs38, I've also 12 years experience as a machinist with at least 6 of those on cnc's, i'm 36 and no stranger to hard work either. Anything anyone can advise would be fantastic.

Edited by northman

that could also present an issue being that I've got little in the way of qualifications in that regard, just put in the effort and done my time, I guess i'm now what you would call time served, which may actually go for something but don't know how much over there.

No chance of getting a visa , sponsorship or not . An H1-B visa you need a bachelor's degree minimum . You may have one I don't know . I have all my nptcs up to 41 , a job offer and was told by a u.s immigration firm that it still wasn't possible . An H2-b visa which is the seasonal occupation visa is my only possible ( still risky ) option . This is OK for a young single dude but not someone with a family on tow . P.S I'm gutted 😭😭

No chance of getting a visa , sponsorship or not . An H1-B visa you need a bachelor's degree minimum . You may have one I don't know . I have all my nptcs up to 41 , a job offer and was told by a u.s immigration firm that it still wasn't possible . An H2-b visa which is the seasonal occupation visa is my only possible ( still risky ) option . This is OK for a young single dude but not someone with a family on tow . P.S I'm gutted 😭😭

As would I be, it's kinda a kick in the balls reading your post. there is an immigration expo in London in October https://www.workingabroad.net/visit-events/workingabroad-london-expo-2016/ I don't know if this will help yourself, i'm thinking of attending this myself. I guess Canada isn't that dissimilar but not been there. I have on the other hand visited the states and loved it.

Don't quote me on this sir, but a friend of mine moved to Canada to get married about 2 years ago, and found it a bit of a bother getting a work permit\visa, but he is a window cleaner. In his fustration he said to me that if he had my job (arborist, forester, anything tree related) it would be a lot easier and could possibly even get sponsered. His Canadian wife seemed to agree. In the end he did manage to get it sorted though with a job.

I might try this opportunity out in the future, but Germany has me in her grips (or my German wife, would be more correct) at the moment. But might be worth a look. Personally I would choose Canada over the States anyway....

All the best whatever happens! :thumbup1: