Clark CutandClimb jacket

CJM

I've been tasked to find better waterproofs for the lads, we currently have harkey smocks which aren't great.

So a trip to gustharts and a quick view of the stock I decided to try out the Clarke jacket.

It seems pretty well made and it's rather comfortable no rain yet but it'll come soon enough.

Anyway my question is will this jacket please 30+ lads that like a good moan,will I get some stick for recommending this jacket, and is their anything better out there?

I've been tasked to find better waterproofs for the lads, we currently have harkey smocks which aren't great.

So a trip to gustharts and a quick view of the stock I decided to try out the Clarke jacket.

It seems pretty well made and it's rather comfortable no rain yet but it'll come soon enough.

Anyway my question is will this jacket please 30+ lads that like a good moan,will I get some stick for recommending this jacket, and is their anything better out there?

If they still moan after you spend £150 on jackets for them then nothings going to please them. Great jackets, I have one. Haven't used many others thought to give a comparison.

It performs great in the wet, not as warm or bulky as the Harkie either.

In comparison to the pfanner Ventura though it's a tough call , my Ventura now lets water through in heavy rain after a years use so I'm just wearing it for showers and saving the cut and climb for constant wet deluge work.

The only thing against it is the smock design over the ease of using a front zip and it has no hood .... The Ventura hood fits nicely over the top and the run off does not go down your neck when paired with the cut and climb jacket .

If they still moan after you spend £150 on jackets for them then nothings going to please them. Great jackets, I have one. Haven't used many others thought to give a comparison.

Im not buying 😂😂 so I'm not to bothered in that sense, money is no object apparently but I don't want to get it in the neck from management if we get these or the pfanners and they tear easily or let water in.

I wore mine today it kept the wind off me and seemed comfortable.

I hope it rains tomorrow 😳

They will still moan about the jackets because they won't look after them.

My policy on this sort of stuff is to give them a product life span. If they wreck the jackets within say, 3yrs, they must pay for a replacement.

I refuse to pay for staff to abuse and lose my gear.

Don't work in the rain.......?

Seriously though, try out engelbert strauss. We have some winter jackets and some spring\autumn jackets (one does not require a jacket in a German summer...:biggrin:) from them, and while I was sceptical because the weren't dedicated forestry or arb jackets, I have been pleasantly surprised. They stretch where they should, aint broke yet and havent let anything through. And they don't cost 7 million pounds :thumbup1: