Songs I Am Listening To

Old Monkey

You need to have a word with those backing singers, they're seriously cramping your stage presence.

Not going to attract any young and impressionable groupies like that!

I ended up marrying my favourite groupie...
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stere said:

TVI reckon you might  like Kyuss?

Ha! Was a huge Kyuss fan back in the day. Still go back to them from time to time. Sky Valley is a classic.

Needs to be played LOUD.

I love most things that are weighty and have got a groove. Deaf as a post now but still get a kick out of the vibrations!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Stere said:

TVI reckon you might  like Kyuss?

The first track on that Kyuss album reminded me of this - both the main riff and the bass, although obviously the vocals are somewhat different!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, agg221 said:

The first track on that Kyuss album reminded me of this - both the main riff and the bass, although obviously the vocals are somewhat different!

Black sabbath were the godfather's of many of the heavy bands I am into these days.

That intro riff on 'into the void' is majestic!

Kyuss did cover that very track if I remember rightly.

Edited by the village idiot

One of the few benefits of working from home is that I can stick Youtube on and let it wander. This has resulted in finding some things I missed and some new things which I had no idea were happening. Something I missed was Tom Waits' change in direction from the mid '90s to the mid 2000s, with a couple of really stripped-back albums he described as lo-fi (the track Chocolate Jesus, which is excellent, even has a cockerel crowing in the background, because it did!). Many good tracks from both The Mule Variations and Real Gone but the one which has probably been played the most in this house because my daughters really like it too is Dead and Lovely:

• Like 1

Just now, the village idiot said:

Black sabbath were the godfather's of many of the heavy bands I am into these days.

That intro riff on 'into the void' is majestic!

February 4th 2017 at the NEC. I was there!

• Like 1