Songs I Am Listening To

Old Monkey

2 hours ago, TIMON said:

Thanks for this Paul. Very clever edit.
I grew up a Punk, so Genesis and most prog-rock was an anathema to me back then....
haven’t really listened to much of them.
My journey went from Punk to indie to psychedelic to blues to dance/rave then on to jazz funk and gospel. Bit of an odd journey that skipped most mainstream stuff.

Here’s an interesting curiosity I came across recently......

ah yes seen this a while ago -clever

3 minutes ago, Paul Cleaver said:

Its actually Phil Collins and Bill Bruford on this track. Chester Thompson plays on most of this live album though.

I think Phil sacked Bill as he wouldn't play as he was told 

Bill was a jazz drummer really . I loved his really " tight " stuff with the early Yes albums .

Edited by Stubby

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

Bill was a jazz drummer really . I loved his really " tight " stuff with the early Yes albums .

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

Yes Stubby rock drummers with a Jazz sensibility are my favourites. I also like Neil Peart and Stu Copeland 

rites

Just now, Paul Cleaver said:

Yes Stubby rock drummers with a Jazz sensibility are my favourites. I also like Neil Peart and Stu Copeland 

rites

Agreed . The recently deceased Mr Ginger Baker was originally a jazzer .   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
@TIMONMyself and @Steve Bulman  have agreed, if you don't like the drumming in this your banned for 1 month

Ok, just before security come and remove me... check out the laid back awesome-ness of this little ditty.... specially the snare sound.

• Like 1