pulley setup

diervek

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the fella R Mac, auto correct loveliness.

Ahh, i did wonder Joe, my instructor said that I did... I suppose it won't hurt being there though ;)

You do if you are threading a rope through the eyes, to prevent it pinching. On a crab it's fine.

Just get a hitchclimber mate.

It's not the tidiest solution, but you could put one leg of the friction cord between the cheeks of the pulley on your lanyard to free up some space? (I know I've seen it done with both legs, but that was on skinnier cord - doubt it would work on silverstreak).

With your main line hitch climber is probably the best solution - however again, if you don't want to get one straight away you could get a tape sling or short prussik, put that between the eyes of the pinto where your spacer currently would be, and clip into that?

If you are unsure about micro pulley, hitches and hitch cord etc etc. Why not just get a zig zag? They do what you are asking for really really well. Smoothly.

And very expensive.

I've no problem spending on decent kit, but I like the HC because it's so adjustable. That and it doesn't break, for a fifth of the price of the zz

And very expensive.

I've no problem spending on decent kit, but I like the HC because it's so adjustable. That and it doesn't break, for a fifth of the price of the zz

I do agree. I'm on a hitch hiker and hopefully soon the akimbo. The zig zag is quite expensive for a one off hit. Most climbers have 2 carabiners.

But, someone mentioned a hitch climber. (£40??) I don't know.

The hitch cord might not be long enough for a VT so that's another £5??

And I wouldn't want to use that carabiner x2, so that's another £28-30

I don't intend to sound like I'm being a nuisance. I just think that the tackle is there to be used.

Edit: I did have the original zig zag and loved it until it was recalled. Not longer after went SRT and that was that.