550XP, seize issues

Mark_Skyland

Interesting thanks.:thumbup1:

When someone mentioned chain oil in the fuel I did think of a possible leak on the gasket(I know some off the earlier 560xp has this problem but have now been fixed) but dismissed it with good pressure test and clean running but I wonder if the aspen could be masking a smoky saw? Definitely something to check.

Did they mod the cases to put an extra bolt in ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This isn't a common issue however I to have seen it before but only twice. On both occasions the operator has reported the saw not running clean, a slight misting of exhaust smoke. They should run clean when on good fuel and oil especially on aspen. The saw would also not perform to its maximum but this is also why the carb values are important as you can see how the saw has been running.

Split 4 saws last year with this problem , already done one this year !

Yes mod cases have an extra bolt but they can still draw oil ,

Mine is a very early 2011 saw with one less case bolt and early cylinder . It is however modded to open up the exhaust port and derestrict the muffler . Since these mods it has performed faultlessly albeit a bit louder . Hopefully it will go on a bit longer !

Mine is a very early 2011 saw with one less case bolt and early cylinder . It is however modded to open up the exhaust port and derestrict the muffler . Since these mods it has performed faultlessly albeit a bit louder . Hopefully it will go on a bit longer !

This old one ......

DSCF0026.jpg.542562c8bcff48b00a6d1cb69f190cb5.jpg

2011 / 2012 run very well if they have not been updated . nice clean saw by the way .

Ive had the exact same issues with my 560 its been in twice now for new carb pot and piston under warranty and only lasted around a month each time.

I know my saw is high hours as its used pretty much 5 days a week flat out felling but just think they get far too hot in general dont know if its due to the way the exhaust gases run through the muffler which cause this or something else.

I will be sending it back again!!