what logs have you been chopping today!

william petts

3 hours ago, david lawrence said:

Hi

would you recommend your splitter

had it long

thanks

david

yes  i would!! great value, perfect height, vertical and horizontal, road legal, easy to bypass the double handed safety bolloucks. downside is that the 4 way splitter that comes with it is made of chocolate but repaired it and strengthened it. also customer service is an absolute joke. it came with a wheel well on the piss, they told me we basically didn't know what we were talking about  and the mud guard was out and if we wanted it fixed we'd have to organise and pay for shipping back to them and if they decided it was their fault they'd refund the shipping. Having said that i'd buy one again !!!

8 hours ago, Martin du Preez said:

yes  i would!! great value, perfect height, vertical and horizontal, road legal, easy to bypass the double handed safety bolloucks. downside is that the 4 way splitter that comes with it is made of chocolate but repaired it and strengthened it. also customer service is an absolute joke. it came with a wheel well on the piss, they told me we basically didn't know what we were talking about  and the mud guard was out and if we wanted it fixed we'd have to organise and pay for shipping back to them and if they decided it was their fault they'd refund the shipping. Having said that i'd buy one again !!!

Hi Martin,

is is the splitter fast enough for commercial use? Or would you say it was more home owner, farm owner use? Thanks

10 hours ago, richardwale said:

Hi Martin,

is is the splitter fast enough for commercial use? Or would you say it was more home owner, farm owner use? Thanks

i'd certainly say its fast enough for commercial use with a good operator, to put it like this i wasn't prepared for this winter at all taking on two new wood burner company's who recommended me and i managed to churn out 300 ish cube, after work, at night 

Finally got round to using the new deck for our Tajfun that Kilworth delivered last week. Can’t believe we’ve waited so long to get one, makes it all so much easier!

Working through a nice pile of 3m long Ash, Sycamore and birch mostly.

Excuse all the shit and wet about, still waiting for the land to dry up enough to get the muck spread so it’s bursting at the seams currently!

f9385c107314d178feab3429063f88ee.jpg

5e12e0534d24b5398d72e3b4e25df1d5.jpg

7de21f80fc6543838d88da5d7bb3e1a9.jpgb5c1c9bd4468b91aa47e86881444e20d.jpg48e5c492a885bd9976371ac714ae03a9.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SbTVF said:

Finally got round to using the new deck for our Tajfun that Kilworth delivered last week. Can’t believe we’ve waited so long to get one, makes it all so much easier!

Working through a nice pile of 3m long Ash, Sycamore and birch mostly.

Excuse all the shit and wet about, still waiting for the land to dry up enough to get the muck spread so it’s bursting at the seams currently!

f9385c107314d178feab3429063f88ee.jpg

5e12e0534d24b5398d72e3b4e25df1d5.jpg

Nice set up, the third roller makes a big difference. How are you finding the grader at the end? I'm looking at fitting one but it's a bit cramped already where we cut.

Nice set up, the third roller makes a big difference. How are you finding the grader at the end? I'm looking at fitting one but it's a bit cramped already where we cut.

Cheers! Will be even better when it’s all set up where it’s supposed to be once the processor shed goes up in the next few weeks.
Trying to figure out how to get an old 2.8litre Isuzu trooper engine we’ve got fitted up to power it so we can keep the tractors free first though!

Yeah the 3rd roller is miles better and the chain feed is fantastic, so much less stoppages!

It’s a great little thing, no sawdust gets past it and very few small pieces of log.
If the timber had been sat for more than 4 weeks or been through a harvester i’m sure it would sieve off plenty of bark too.

You can even shovel the brash from under the post splitter grate onto it and it’ll sieve out all but the thin logs. Makes it easier to keep the work area clean.
  • Thanks 1

On 28/03/2018 at 23:11, Big J said:

Well it's not firewood, but we put 17 tonnes of mostly lawsons cypress and some japanese red cedar through the sawmill today. We shall do the same tomorrow, with a minor diversion into a large elm log that is needing to be cut for a customer.

Pics of the Elm planks please,  !!, appreciate it might now be to late alas.

Thanks

A

Edited by Alycidon

• 2 weeks later...