what logs have you been chopping today!

william petts

Hopefully the link above works.

Been doing quite a bit of splitting lately. Finnis he'd of all the rings so next job is to get back on the chainsaw, also got a small pile of cord for the processor but ill wait for that pile to grow before getting the dalen hooked up and fired up.

Thanks. We've got another little old 2 way posch splitter we use to make them. It's got 2 rams one pushes and one pulls the wedge so you can do decent lengths.

My dad used to do it with splitting wedges which is how we started selling wood 20+ years ago but we've just been making them for ourselves recently until we got a bit of interest from other people.

I take it you use a processor?? I'd so which one?

Just a splitter, home made by the bloke I bought it from (done very well, but I will be making a couples of changes).

I also have a portek chainsaw bench which works well, and a fiskars x21 axe which flys through the straight stuff.

I have a sheet of steel in the workshop that I want to make a chute out of so that the splitter shuffles the split logs up onto the pile rather than me catching them and throwing them.

The splitter is sat on an old single axle ifor trailer, which is hitched to a ball on the blade of the digger and it runs off the hammer lines of the digger.

It all works ok when I keep on top of the pile but when I had about 12ton of round wood in a pile last week it certainly felt slow!

IMG_0697.jpg.d2f7a69fececdaf336a8ad37e76fcdcb.jpg