what logs have you been chopping today!

william petts

Finally got a sawdust extractor working this week after putting it off for ages. Our homemade cyclone appears to be working. 
DSC_2321.thumb.JPG.51005f9c5072a7f7cd93dce6fd9318fb.JPG
DSC_2311.thumb.JPG.b9dfd46406b2d6725458fed5d50409dd.JPG
DSC_2280.thumb.JPG.dbc498154e14f46b65acdea9d8a8b4fd.JPG

I like the idea of sawdust extraction, did you just use a standard unit or the tajfun one ? good job gdh will save some cleaning up, have u found an outlet for the sawdust yet ?

2 hours ago, Bustergasket said:

I like the idea of sawdust extraction, did you just use a standard unit or the tajfun one ? good job gdh will save some cleaning up, have u found an outlet for the sawdust yet ?

It's the tajfun electric one, they also do a hydraulic one but I thought the poor tractor was doing enough already. :)

We've had some interest from people with horses, just got to work out a price. I'm thinking £25 collected including the bag, not really sure what the going rate is though.

We're getting about a bag to every 20cube so it should cut down on waste and be a nice earner (although it will be a very long payoff on the extractor).

2 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

e52a89b6ba86e036b6ea86367b65e6ce.jpg

Just seen this advert. Seems cheap to me or am I missing something?

It's probably softwood, I would say it's a bit cheap for hardwood unless it's only very local delivery. It's also possible he gets the wood for free.

Yeah delivery's the killer for a single bag but I suppose in terms of wood it's only 0.8 cube so there's not a lot there. If he does some tree surgery etc and gets the wood free he's probably making more money than I am. ;)

Yeah delivery's the killer for a single bag but I suppose in terms of wood it's only 0.8 cube so there's not a lot there. If he does some tree surgery etc and gets the wood free he's probably making more money than I am. [emoji6]

It looks cheap at first, but like gdh said there is not much wood there, i have some builders bags which are 80/80/80 they are small, but if you give someone a choice they mostly go for the cheaper one, but if his bags are 0.5 mcube then that's 120 a cube and it's not even dry also fresh cut = wet, kiln dry price is ok if you think a pick up load for 140 and i bet either the bags or truck if used would not be heaped, and i bet the wood is his lowest grade, i would also think he would have more expensive stuff available but chooses not to advertise as it shows the cheap stuff to be cheap, i might be doing the guy down it could be good stuff or it could be like it is round here, i now ask the customers how much they want to spend and fit the product to the price, where i can of course [emoji106]