what logs have you been chopping today!

william petts

Depends on what your processing it with, both are easily enough to do with chainsaw but processors always prefer the straight stuff, I process arb waste so so working with straight 7ft pieces would be like a god send compared to some of the stuff I have to deal with!!

Yes, I can imagine. I'm only joking, our woods pretty good in general,it's just that we usually have reasonably straight 8ft lengths.

All of our 16 ft logs get cut in half to fit in the shed so we just cut them on the bend and the short stuff is only a problem trying to stack it on the trailer.

Anything below 4 inch diameter we cut with a chainsaw and leave it round because it's quicker than putting small stuff through the processor.

Yes, I can imagine. I'm only joking, our woods pretty good in general,it's just that we usually have reasonably straight 8ft lengths.

All of our 16 ft logs get cut in half to fit in the shed so we just cut them on the bend and the short stuff is only a problem trying to stack it on the trailer.

Anything below 4 inch diameter we cut with a chainsaw and leave it round because it's quicker than putting small stuff through the processor.

I put the the small stuff through the proceesor just so I havnt got to handle it again!!

Also just out of interest what processor do youhave

I put the the small stuff through the proceesor just so I havnt got to handle it again!!

Also just out of interest what processor do youhave

We used to but they tend to go sideways or catch on the chain and we found that if you only cut bigger stuff then you ge a lot less rubbish in the wood.

We've got a Tajfun 400, probably about to get a 480 plus though. It's a really good machine, done at least 2500 tons in the last 3 and a half years and no big problems.

When I was trying to upload some pics last night I could fibd where you can crop / rotate the pics. Im on the Internet with my phone so maybe I cant do it unless I have the app or a computer???

Do you have an iphone? When you take a photo the volume buttons need to face the ground on some phones for it to take the photo the right way up (even if it's awkward and seems like you're holding the phone upside down).

Do you have an iphone? When you take a photo the volume buttons need to face the ground on some phones for it to take the photo the right way up (even if it's awkward and seems like you're holding the phone upside down).

Nahh I have an old samsung s3 mini, had it a while but has been good, been whacked by logs a few times when it been in me pocket but has been strong!

We used to but they tend to go sideways or catch on the chain and we found that if you only cut bigger stuff then you ge a lot less rubbish in the wood.

We've got a Tajfun 400, probably about to get a 480 plus though. It's a really good machine, done at least 2500 tons in the last 3 and a half years and no big problems.

I really do like tagfun and if I was to get a new processor I would definitely get the 400 joy!

What do u think of the 480, seen vids on them and they look very neat and hi tech, but also look expensive.

My dalen cuts the small stuff easily just need to be gentle with it, but you're right definitely get alot more waste and shards of wood with the smaller stuff and it keeps getting in the rollers on my conveyor which is the biggest downfall on my machine!

I really do like tagfun and if I was to get a new processor I would definitely get the 400 joy!

What do u think of the 480, seen vids on them and they look very neat and hi tech, but also look expensive.

My dalen cuts the small stuff easily just need to be gentle with it, but you're right definitely get alot more waste and shards of wood with the smaller stuff and it keeps getting in the rollers on my conveyor which is the biggest downfall on my machine!

Yeah, I would recommend the 400, it's well built and still cheaper than others and it's a fast machine. The 480 isn't here yet but from what I can see it's just a bigger version of the 400 with a more powerful splitter and the auto splitter. The extra auto adjust etc should be an improvement and they can be turned off anyway. Pm if you want a rough price. :-)

I used to cut smaller stuff with our old 1x37 and that was alright because you can slam a manual handle down then cut the last bit slowly whereas the joysticks are a set speed so it might as well be going through a big log.

I'm hoping that the 12 way ring splitter on the 480 doesn't make too much kindling when the logs are slightly bigger than the ring.