what logs have you been chopping today!

william petts

50 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

You know someone has some great kit when the hate 6" for being slow. Can't think of anything better myself

Haha, I hate the stuff with a passion. They constantly go sideways in the splitting chamber, it's a lot more cutting and it takes more to make a load.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gdh said:

I've been cutting 6inch logs which I hate because it's so slow, luckily some nice ash made things better.

Screenshot_20190520-183140.png

Screenshot_20190520-183132.png

Screenshot_20190520-183122.png

Do you normally keep a borrow under the screener? I used to just tipped the screenings to naturally decay but given the timber prices now I'm thinking of keeping it and screening into a mesh lined IBC and using myself.

Edited by arboriculturist

2 hours ago, arboriculturist said:

Do you normally keep a borrow under the screener? I used to just tipped the screenings to naturally decay but given the timber prices now I'm thinking of keeping it and screening into a mesh lined IBC and using myself.

We net the tidier bits for kindling then tip the rest.

That picture has a lot in because I was using the 12way splitter but there's normally less so not a big issue. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been having a really good run with a friend working on the processor the last 6 weeks to get through all our older stock while the weather is on our side.
Using our drying bin at a local farm AD plant has really upped our drying capacity, just need to find space for the dry ones to go now!

The cages are full of the logs that have only been down a few months, let the weather do its work on them and finish them off in our kiln prior to sale. Another 20 or so to fill before I need to try buy some more cages though. e5728587459be22ea2a5022b77144fd4.jpgafc4b45fbfba7fa0888fa6e7070c620d.jpg9f54168c9b17d495e458e206ffd3ca92.jpg9e724f4a4ec16c270f46954d1f10fc3d.jpg0051948f5cb601d4b534260e1d84f988.jpgc8894e8ff88d0ec21418c81fdab1266b.jpgc599bc31359f0c31bf3ab770f4583723.jpg

• Like 2