what logs have you been chopping today!

william petts

23 minutes ago, gdh said:

Thanks. I try to keep it updated since it's surprising how many people like seeing 'behind the scenes ' and it gets us a few new customers. 

Yes, we just use silage plastic to cover them so we can pull it on and off with the log grab without worrying. We found if you cover the top in a dry spell it cuts a quarter to a third of the drying time and that makes a big difference when we're struggling in the winter. 

Unfortunately I haven't covered any this year yet so I'm really hoping we get a dry week or two soon.

Lorry curtain sides are another good option for covering logs.

Will you be splitting that fresh and wet oak straight into vented bags? If so how do u find oak seasoning in them, 

Morning Will,
All timber is split into a combination of vented 1.2m3 bulk bag, log crate or foldable steel stillage cage and then stacked undercover or in a sheltered spinny at my yard. Which is on a farm in a rise. As a result a get wonderful convecting air currents that mean in less than 12 months this oak will be at 20% or less and ready as either firewood or be used to make charcoal.