what logs have you been chopping today!

william petts

do you use a winch for getting the splitter off and on the trailer? I had to drag one up a set of ramps and it nearly ended me!

Little ATV winch , £50.

Put a strop around the waist of that machine , and it walks it up the ramp.

Came off a little easier ,I had the winch on freewheel , ran down the ramp expecting the cable to tighten , that made me fart .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Arbtalk mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see a 35 out and about. How do you split the beech after you ring it woodworks?

We've been back to cutting this week and did well today with 19 tons including 5 with the saw out of the smaller stuff and sorting the nicer logs to make posts.

DSC_1262.jpg.3ba55c4510a0ca0a6405af42c6579fae.jpg

DSC_1263.jpg.6be93081ffc7a3ff70501ec7f9c030cf.jpg

DSC_1265.jpg.64103a6e593d292bc2086862b25c08f8.jpg

Nice to see a 35 out and about. How do you split the beech after you ring it woodworks?

We've been back to cutting this week and did well today with 19 tons including 5 with the saw out of the smaller stuff and sorting the nicer logs to make posts.

19 tonnes! good going.

Used the splitter on the processor and my mate was on the Krpan splitter on the tractor. Interestingly the processor was slightly quicker but not as neat logs as you get from the vertical splitter. Should be able to see both in this one.

IMG_20170511_090033.jpg.4ecc2db7e353f6f476ca3e7e65e023a9.jpg

Edited by Woodworks

No winch on my yoke. Had to use the other tractor to lift rings up to splitter table height in a transport box. I had forgotten how heavy green beech is. Some pigs in that pile of yours Beau. Surprised that your processor's splitter deals with such large lumps. I had the Thor on single blade only, didn't struggle but would have with the 4way on.