Forst st8

MTS TREES

• 1 month later...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, question for you other owners.

All going well, I changed the hydraulic oil filter on 20 hrs.

I've noticed the hydraulic oil level has dropped below the line, it's not a panic as a clean stick has shown there's plenty in there.

There is no leak from the replaced hydraulic filter cartridge holder, all I can find is this "blowout" from what I presume is the breather or something from the tank.

I've taken photos of the residue, is this normal? Has anyone else got this?

Machine works fine.

image.jpg.719ef213e9385ebe1c65f40a922e7bcc.jpg

Mine did the same.

The hydraulic oil level when cold should be right at the bottom on the red line, then when it gets warm it shouldn't come out the cap.

When mine was a higher level, it came out when it got warm and had the same marks around the cap and bonnet etc, and down the tank. Hasn't done it badly since the cold fill level has been lower 👍

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Confusingly minimum is full! I guess it's due to the tapered double tanks built around the flywheel shaft.

Still prefer the Timberwolf for out and out performance, but the Forst customer service and build quality is first rate cannot fault them and when money has to be earned that goes a long way.

Alright, I'll bite:001_smile:

which TW has a better performance than the ST8?

Not tried the any modern TW that compares to a ST8 yet if the 230 is anything to go by the new 8" TW will also be impressive.

We have a TW230 and an ST6.

Our local hire centre only runs Forsts....

• 1 month later...

Just a bit of a heads up.

Around 50 hrs the rollers wouldn't restart after the stress control kicked in, you had to reverse them to restart.

After phoning the French distributors who wouldn't believe that the belts weren't loose they finally sent an engineer out who replaced the stress control sensor (the thing with the light)

Bosh! Sorted right out.

Just in case it happens to anyone else.