Hilux Tyre Choice

Commando

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats has confused me mate. The old tire is the AT2.

The older tread (same as dammit to the BFG AT) is known as the AT2's.

GG brought out a new tread pattern, quieter, more milage etc to meet Euro reg's about 5 years ago. They are called AT's.

Ah, ok that makes sense. I naturally assumed that the AT2 would be newer. It'll be interesting to see how the AT2's do on my Ranger.

• 7 months later...
Just treated the old dog to a new set of GG AT 2`s , the old ones were the wrong profile and destroyed the little bit of power it had. These have transformed both the ride and the gearing. :thumbup1:

Bob

image.jpg1_zpse4nzjzqa.jpg

How old is she now Bob?

Looking at getting a sh Hilux. King cabs are rare as rocking horse poo though.

How many miles have you eked out of her?

How old is she now Bob?

Looking at getting a sh Hilux. King cabs are rare as rocking horse poo though.

How many miles have you eked out of her?

Joe its 93 or 94 with the lions share of 180k on the clock. It was looking a bit sad for itself and as you know you cant polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter, so we rolled it in glitter:laugh1:

Some wings, door and paint, she`s good to go again :thumbup1:

image.jpg4_zpsx2lexaeu.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsk76dmajw.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsssa6t9vm.jpg

Just had these fitted on my mk639fef7c2fbdc0af6794b12ca66b7f6c9.jpg

awesome tyre bfg km 2, amazing in the mud, go steady in the snow ! I fired a defender through my neighbours electric gates took out all the brick pillars, I obviously put it right, but I did speak to Michelin and mentioned what the defender did as I felt it was bit naughty, they told me the tyre is not marked up as a snow tyre, I had just assumed as I had the atko's before that these would be the same, they wore quicker than the atko bfg, but they look awesome steering feel is great, noise non existent, a very good tyre, they may work better on yours than my defender which lets face it are marginal at best imo