How much can a wood processor with operative produce in one day?

TeaMonsta

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best so far is 25 ton in 5 hours.that was cutting to 500 mm thru 6 way knife with posh 360 plus log deck .I did have a forklift and timber grab feeding me

What is the volume of 25 tonnes. As 1m3 of my kiln dried logs weights about 250kg so that's 100m3 in 5hrs!!!. I have a farmi wp36 and operating it my self I can get 15-20 m3 a day. Prossesing volume does differ if I have had my weatabix in the morning tho.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

What is the volume of 25 tonnes. As 1m3 of my kiln dried logs weights about 250kg so that's 100m3 in 5hrs!!!. I have a farmi wp36 and operating it my self I can get 15-20 m3 a day. Prossesing volume does differ if I have had my weatabix in the morning tho.

About 50m3

no idea about volume produced, just a lorry load of spruce and a big pile of logs to show.cutting to 500mm cetrainly speeds things up and it was all 12 inch diameter timber which had been through a harvester(so no little pegs to jam log when feeding).it was a contract splitting job for a customer with a biomass boiler.just start the machine and keep going till the logs were all done.:thumbup:

We would normally do around 5 cube an hour of 9 inch but doing 18 inch out of straight 12inch diameter we could do , and have, 10-12 cube per hour. Obviously it's very rare to get perfect wood, especially with hardwood.