Worst ever year for keeping logs dry

Woodworks

build a shed it keeps logs dry. or buy a kiln

I am sure we all agree ,but there is the saying

"Talk is Cheap",also I get the impression that the very damp atmosphere has caused mound to form on well seasoned logs that are in sheds.

Know doubt some clever dick will say heat the shed!!!,heating a 75ft x 40ft x 14ft uninsulated shed in my case would be a rather expensive/uneconomic exercise,there is very little profit in firewood to finance sheds/ heated sheds.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the proplem. In early summer my logs were below 20% mc, now there overy 25% and that's 14months under cover, its just too damp weather.

Also I process outside then store in barn, can't start on next winter's splitting in this and delivering is even more of a problem just every time I book a delivery in its pouring down

Aaaaaasaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhh

Well in the Eifel mountains, not too far from the Belgian border, you get this for £120k:

600_C202A2620D7F47638975465CB75F6519.jpg

TOP-Gepflegte Immobilie im Landhausstil mit Nebengebäude + schöner Garten inkl. Teich + Kamin + Garage u.v.m. Einfamilienhaus Daun (27BPJ4Y)

That gets you 4 bedrooms, a couple of living rooms, 2 bathrooms, several cellar rooms, a couple of balconies, a large plot, a small lake/very large pond and a sauna!

Came back from lovely winter weather in Bavaria to howling wind and rain. Part of the roof in my office had collapsed when a leak filled the void between the roof and the plasterboard. Part of the tin sheeting on one of my barns had peeled back.

It never stops raining or blowing a gale here. A continental climate certainly appeals!

ha ha yeah, agreed I cant believe the weather here in Bularia, reckon logs will dry in just a month given the heat here summer!

• 2 weeks later...

Back to normal then; and the next 10 days forecast the same. Totally and utterly sick of it and starting to have serious concerns for business now... A few log firms gone under down here this season, purely due to the warm and wet; but the wet more as it's ruined stock (like thousands of tons) with flooded yards. We have extracted about 2 lorry loads in 5 months! Killer.