Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finish grass cutting at home push mower away at end of season

Pull it out the next year and away it goes

Same with hedge trimmer, fuel stays in there 12 months, never had a problem

Each to there own, I suppose

Yeah I'm with R5LOG on this one,

Three times the price at today's prices.

Again I must have been blessed with no fuel issues over the last 20 odd years..

£18 for 5 L's ?!? Can't be putting that though an 880! You'd be broke in no time 😂👍🏻

Each to their own though, as everyone's situations different. 👍🏻

Whos found the cheapest mail order supplier?

If so, who? cost?

Peter Hall

Green Tree Works

I would always suggest that the best deal will be had at a local dealer, but appreciate that there are some big gaps in the dealer network, and time travelling to collect fuel costs money.

So to help out those who wish to use Aspen but have no local supplier we offer a delivery service. Several Arbtalkers use us on a regular basis for their Aspen supplies.

Full details of prices and volume discounts can be found here

Nationwide delivery of Aspen fuel ordered online - -

I hope this helps.

What are the relative merits of Aspen and Briggs and Stratton "Fuel Fit"?

Aspen and Fuel fit are two completely different products

Aspen is a totally pure fuel with many benefits both to the health of user and the well being of the machine. Just one of these benefits is that the fuel does not deteriorate with age.

Petrol deteriorates due to phase separation and oxidation. This process can be slowed down with the addition of yet more chemicals in the form of anti-oxidants, to the already impure cocktail of chemicals in pump petrol.

So Fuel-Fit and similar additives are very beneficial in preserving petrol quality and delaying the degradation for up to 12 months, but solve none of the health issues. Neither does it make petrol burn cleaner so the upper cylinder still builds up carbon deposits.

For those users not wishing to use Aspen, the use of Fuel Fit or similar is highly recommended.

Pity really as I can not see the customer wanting to pay for the extra cost of running all the saws on Aspen.

I can see whats good about it but the cost is just too much 8(

Peter Hall

Green Tree Works

I run everything on Aspen, have done for you 18m, do a business plan and build it into you running costs. I would hate to go back to stinking petrol.