Cobra M48SPS v Lawnflite 448SJW

widge34

Hi according to the lawnflite website this machine is quoted as 50kg , also checked the Danarm version , this is also quoted as 50kg so I guess the weight quoted by Cobra is slightly low as machine specs are all identical , I can give you a price on the Cobra if you want as I am a dealer , send me a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As said, the Kaaz (danarm), Cobra and Lawnflite are truly identical.

The 19" versions are quoted at 47kg with the good old Kawasaki engine, and 50kg with the new Subaru.

I still have stock of Kawasaki powered Kaaz if you are interested in the lower weight Widge.

So which is the right weight. Lawnflite site says 50kg. FR Jones site say 56kg. Both have the Subaru engine.

A few of my lawns I cut, I have to pull mower up a few steps. Now the cobra at 47kg is doable, but definitely not 56kg.

You would hope that lawnflite have hot it right!!!

47 is still a lot to drag up steps.

I've got one like that and I use a 18 inch Honda izy at about 35kg and that feels like hard work.

My broken Honda was 42kg, so I know that weight is ok. That's why I'm considering the Viking MB650 T as its the same weight as Honda. The extra 5 kg of the cobra will be a struggle. The extra 8kg of Lawnflite will be a no no.

Don't know much about Vikings other than the big expensive pro one that had drive issues and is now gone.

I suppose you need to be looking how strong wheels and the deck is if going up and down steps.

Which Honda have you got that's broken and what's up with it?