Richard 1234

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any regrets Richard?

I too looked at these but the vibes are very high for a machine billed as 'anti vibe'.

My Kaaz Danarm 45cc Kawasaki has a similar look but half the vibes. 2.1 and 2.0.

I've seen the official vibe stuff and in paper it does seem high.

However I've also got the Stihl fs410 but wanted a cheaper spare.

The vibes in practice feel no different at all. But it is not used full throttle very often at all. It gets used for local villages strimming round lampposts and other street furniture. So it spends most of it time at idle.

Put it this way I won't buy another Stihl if it lasts 2 seasons.

Fair enough! I've got an FS90 which has just stopped working (no drive to gear head).

It's nice being 4-mix but feels lacklustre compared to the 46cc Kawasaki.

I'm tempted by the Stiga, but just keep holding off for some reason.

Is it the shaft or the gear head?

Reason I ask is the gear head on my fs85 eat itself earlier in the year. That was an easy replace job. Mind you it was £110 for the new part(genuine though)

I wish they still made the 85 and put the anti vibe on it. It would be perfect for the village work as its lighter.

but can't really use it as its too vibey.

Is it the shaft or the gear head?

Reason I ask is the gear head on my fs85 eat itself earlier in the year. That was an easy replace job. Mind you it was £110 for the new part(genuine though)

I wish they still made the 85 and put the anti vibe on it. It would be perfect for the village work as its lighter.

but can't really use it as its too vibey.

Not sure, think it may be the clutch. Took the power head off and turned the (solid square) drive shaft by hand and the spline on the 'business end' rotates freely.

Carefully inserted the drive shaft back into the PH and tightened.

Rev it and nothing rotates.