Blue monday can kiss my #@!

stihlmadasever

Just had an absolute shocker of a day,van wouldnt start at the yard so had to remove all our gear and take the chipbox off,which fell apart when we done so,managed to get a replacement van which smelled like a boxers armpit and was rancid inside.

When we reversed the van to hitch up the chipper,we realised someone hadnt taken the safety wire off the other van when unhitching and had bust it.

Finally after some dicking about we got out on site and started the job which was 3 poplar removals in the cold,pissin rain.

Some way through we stopped for a much needed cuppa- ( no bickies as some knob left them in the other van)-and decided to go tip the van at the yard,only to be stopped by the rozzers who proceeded to ask all manor of questions pertaning to our trailer documents,vehicle gross weight unladen,vehicle gross weight fully loaded with chip blah blah blah...i think they were bored and fancied a laugh to be honest.

Finally when we got back on site we were informed,rather sheepishly, that the blower was missing...

blue monday can kiss my ass !

Hope someone gets a laugh out of this cause i bloody didnt:thumbdown:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its not fun, but funny at the same time! I spent all day rebuilding an ornate brick pillar which someone demolished with a tractor. Repeatedly advised that couldn't build with facing brick in the rain as the mortar would run and ruin the finish, repeatedly told not to worry and crack on, only to be told at the end of the day that it basically looked like s**t.

You were not alone Stihlmad!

Ford 8210 with Bomford Hedgetrimmer would not start first thing, very cold plus half knackered battery. Had to faff about setting up the charger only to find that the extension lead was a foot too short.....

Started by mid morning, traffic on main road horrendous. Trying to trim a mile stretch of double white lines through a series of bends. Warning signs plus hazard flashers makes no difference to the speed merchants who are the only matched by the ditherers who will not overtake even though I am doing less than one mph!

Trying to turn back was caught out by a maniac doing a ridiculous speed into the first bend which caused me to stall with two front wheels on the carriageway. Tractor immobile Battery flat again so called wife who took ages to find jump leads and appear on scene.

Started off again and was just finishing the last inside part before dark when a spool valve failed (Oring?) and the flail fell into the hedge making a big hole in my neat bit of trimming.

Could not raise the wife again, so two mile plod back to the yard to collect the forkinlift. Pulled up flail and tied it up and jumped started the tractor again with the forkinlift, and drove it back to the yard.

Managed to find someone to take me back to collect the forkinlift .

Back to house for a hot cuppa to find that someone had eaten all the ginger nuts......

You were not alone Stihlmad!

Ford 8210 with Bomford Hedgetrimmer would not start first thing, very cold plus half knackered battery. Had to faff about setting up the charger only to find that the extension lead was a foot too short.....

Started by mid morning, traffic on main road horrendous. Trying to trim a mile stretch of double white lines through a series of bends. Warning signs plus hazard flashers makes no difference to the speed merchants who are the only matched by the ditherers who will not overtake even though I am doing less than one mph!

Trying to turn back was caught out by a maniac doing a ridiculous speed into the first bend which caused me to stall with two front wheels on the carriageway. Tractor immobile Battery flat again so called wife who took ages to find jump leads and appear on scene.

Started off again and was just finishing the last inside part before dark when a spool valve failed (Oring?) and the flail fell into the hedge making a big hole in my neat bit of trimming.

Could not raise the wife again, so two mile plod back to the yard to collect the forkinlift. Pulled up flail and tied it up and jumped started the tractor again with the forkinlift, and drove it back to the yard.

Managed to find someone to take me back to collect the forkinlift .

Back to house for a hot cuppa to find that someone had eaten all the ginger nuts......

I feel your pain mate,we lost half a pack of mv vities toffee digestives...i bloody love those biscuits