can you get chainsaw trousers legs taken up

littlerob

:001_rolleyes: yes because some bloke on the internet said it will be ok. They are obviously qualified to advise on altering a piece of PPE. :laugh1:

Common sense says don't do it, professional advise would say don't do(just ask any MANUFACTURER) but a few people GUESS it will be ok so crack on eh.:thumbup:

Why not look at buying some trousers that have built in elastic or adjustment at the bottom to keep them tight onto your boots, it might stop them dragging on the ground?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treequip

the fella wants to take a bit of material off the bottom of his trousers...

He ain't lookin to invent a new pair of the things..

If your asking me you're just being picky for the sake of it... there isn't any evidence that taking up the trousers an inch or two will have any ill effects on how effective they are...

Now unless you're an expert on these type of chainsaw trousers, I suggest you come back with evidence as, all I can see are nothing but opinions...

And, why we're about it, who said the fella uses a chainsaw any different than the one shown in the safety vid?...

Please read the manufactures instructions in regards to damaging the blocking material on any pair of chainsaw trousers. That will give you your answer.

:001_rolleyes: yes because some bloke on the internet said it will be ok. They are obviously qualified to advise on altering a piece of PPE. :laugh1:

Common sense says don't do it, professional advise would say don't do(just ask any MANUFACTURER) but a few people GUESS it will be ok so crack on eh.:thumbup:

Why not look at buying some trousers that have built in elastic or adjustment at the bottom to keep them tight onto your boots, it might stop them dragging on the ground?

Or as I used to do, get a few pair of bicycle clips..

Now, goin back to hemming trousers up, only a complete numpty would imagine that hemming up those trousers would ruin them for the purpose they were made.

As to manufacturers and what they have to say.. every heard of liability?...

Course they gonna say don't interfere with their products..

But we're talking about hemming up a pair of pants....

What kind of moron thinks hemming up a pair of pants is gonna endanger someones life for gods sake?... get a grip man..

Treequip

the fella wants to take a bit of material off the bottom of his trousers...

He ain't lookin to invent a new pair of the things..

If your asking me you're just being picky for the sake of it... there isn't any evidence that taking up the trousers an inch or two will have any ill effects on how effective they are...

Now unless you're an expert on these type of chainsaw trousers, I suggest you come back with evidence as, all I can see are nothing but opinions...

And, why we're about it, who said the fella uses a chainsaw any different than the one shown in the safety vid?...

Whatever, you clearly aren't going to listen to me.

Have a look at any pair of chainsaw pants and examine the construction. Speak to the manufacturers and ask them about the peculiarities of the construction of chainsaw trousers ask them why the blocking material is stitched in the way it is.

Or as I used to do, get a few pair of bicycle clips..

Now, goin back to hemming trousers up, only a complete numpty would imagine that hemming up those trousers would ruin them for the purpose they were made.

As to manufacturers and what they have to say.. every heard of liability?...

Course they gonna say don't interfere with their products..

But we're talking about hemming up a pair of pants....

What kind of moron thinks hemming up a pair of pants is gonna endanger someones life for gods sake?... get a grip man..

Now that has to be nothing more than a wind up.:laugh1:

If your serious then I'm lost for words, which you wouldn't listen to anyway.

I didn't realise they were just a pair of pants, I thought they had chainsaw blocking material in them that work in the way treequip has already explained which means that if you cut them and stitch it together it won't work as the manufacture intended. But yes since they are just a pair of pants go ahead and hem them.:thumbup1:

I've had a look at the hem on my Husqvarna trousers and I've come to the conclusion that if I needed to cut 2" off the bottom and stitch them back up with the same colour cotton they would be identical to the way they are made and no-one would know any different and if I caught my ankle with the saw it would work just the same as it does now.

well i looked online at all the big names f rjones buxtons gustharts honey brothers n so on I'm only 28inch leg with my boots on most trousers seems to be 31inch leg or 32 leg recent one where ment to be 31leg more like 34leg

Short leg trousers available by request if it's any good to you mate.

Arbortec Breatheflex 29" Leg

Pfanner 30" Leg