Death of the silky..?

stihlmadasever

The Silky will never die in my opinion.Silent cutting for sensitive areas...uncompromised quality and superior cutting. Cut and hold (my favourite Arb discipline) can not be beaten as far as safety is concerned.....i even came across a bunch of my absolute favourite blades today at Gustharts....Finest SK4 Carbon steel....

I fear your slightly biased being your a silky fox by name..lol

Isnt the husky T536 battery powered and marketed as a site sensitive saw

True...but the speed and dexterity at which a Silky saw can be used makes a chainsaw seem cumbersome...i can re-pollard faster with a Nakanoto....cut multiple stems,gather them in one hand whilst still holding my saw and stack them from the tree neatly below....my choice of petrol Silky however would be the 150....A Sublime machine,like weilding a hairdryer it's so light... and i love its tinny sound

The Silky will never die in my opinion.Silent cutting for sensitive areas...uncompromised quality and superior cutting. Cut and hold (my favourite Arb discipline) can not be beaten as far as safety is concerned.....i even came across a bunch of my absolute favourite blades today at Gustharts....Finest SK4 Carbon steel....

I have to agree with your choice of blade, I loved using it.:thumbup:

Had the backhandled 150 for about 2 years now and would love to get the topper. Pruning cuts are smooth as anything, and it is incredibly lightweight.

Would I use it in place of a Silky up a tree. As well as, not instead of, if doing a big pruning job.

I wouldn't have called the T536 a pruning saw. It's got more oomph than the 150T and happily start dismantles with it until getting to bigger timber. It's got a much rougher cut than the 150, and it's about as heavy as the T540. Had one since they came out and it's a great beast. I know Reg did a video comparing them, but I don't think you can. Almost like comparing apples and oranges.

150t are very light as those that have and are using it will agree i still have a silky on my harness and at times it can come in handy like already said 2,3 & 4 inches are well within capabilities of a 150t , i have also opened the exhaust slightly (slighlty louder yes but sounds good lol ) and Advanced the timing Approx 5-6 degreees ( re tuned carb ) and it will now move the upper limit to 6-7inches with no prob it can nearly give a stock 192 a run for its money i love the lightness and like mentioned even more so now improved its cutting power , saying that thou the 192t is a very nice saw and on most jobs gets picked in favour of my 201t (ive Opened exhaust on my 192t) and apart from the 12inch cuts the 192 copes very well (next job is to advance timing on 192t ) and im sure that that will defo give the 201t a run for its money, the weight saving on 192 from 201t is big , the 201t has had exhaust opened and could in near future also receive an advance to the timing

No chainsaw is going to replace a silky, I use my silky's all the time far more control, safer & silent.

Had a job clearing a 40' windblown conifer the other day it had blown into the neighbours property & got hung up in a large holly tree. There had previously been some major fallouts between customer & neighbours with their trees so they wanted them shifted fast & discretely before the neighbour noticed it had dropped onto their property. Had it down & chucked over the fence in no time with my Silky Katanaboy, started up the chainsaw to ring it up & the neighbour appeared very suddenly and said "about effin time that tree went, are you taking the lot down?" I know both neighbours and know that if they had noticed it fell onto their property they would of done their best to be difficult & to try to drag me into the dispute too rather than just trying to work out what I was doing there.