Website design..

Doobop

I got Webcreation to do my site. I'm happy with it and they included a logo, 5 pages, images etc. The guy used wordpress and it was up and running in a few weeks. I had to do the content though and I have also worked/working on updating the description tags and metatags. They are happy to upload the new site to any host and he didn't make a song or dance about it. It was live within a few minutes after confirming all the pages. He wasn't English so everything was done through emails, he also linked up FB, Twitter as well as google etc.

Was it worth it? Yes as its better than one's I can produce (I have friends who build sites, they all say just get a wordpress theme, but I don't have the time or ability to know that it has been done correctly).

Would I use them again? they are good but not hot on content writing. My grammar is not so good so maybe next time I will look at one that does content writing as well (given the age of the site and that it needs history behind it before google ranks it, I thought a basic package now to get the ball rolling).

I was quoted between £200 and £2,000 for a sites. I went for one that offered a good level of time on development and that had good reviews and pages. If you think how long it takes to set up a new site, develop a few template pages that you want and upload pics and content, its got to be about 10hrs+, plus business costs. At the end you get want you pay for, as its someone's time in front of a computer making changes to your site. The more you pay the more someone will be sitting there developing it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Saturday I decided to build a website for a future business idea. I have never done such a thing and was told Siteground was a good starting place.

I bought a domain name and a years hosting, installed Wordpress and spent a little while figuring out what did what. Cost me £28.80 in total.

The site is built and i just stuck some pictures in there to play around. I have no contact page as there is nothing to contact about or sell etc. I just did it for fun really and I like learning new tricks.

As I said, I have never done this before so if you want to see what a novice can achieve in no time at all have a look.

The life of an orchard

Wouldn't mind £1200 for doing it. :D