Summoned to County Court

eggsarascal

I fell out with the barrister over the same thing I was pleased when the case was settled out of court I don't think I'll be on his xmas card list he asked me why I was charging that amount for a day rate so I asked how much he was getting payed and other words not aloud on hear

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're back on tomorrow........ And possibly Wednesday and Thursday. In Sharfend!!!

I spoke to the barrister this morning he told me that I can not take notes with me into the dock when I give evidence.

Should be interesting......... I thought we did the job two and half years ago, turns out it was three and half. How the hell am I supposed to remember, without notes what happend on each day?

That's surprising, considering a PC can read his notebook in criminal cases. I suppose that there's some chain of evidence procedure involved somewhere though.

Are they notes based on memory or a journal/diary/work book written at the time in question?

That's surprising, considering a PC can read his notebook in criminal cases. I suppose that there's some chain of evidence procedure involved somewhere though.

Are they notes based on memory or a journal/diary/work book written at the time in question?

The notes are from a diary, when I'm doing servicing jobs I can visit 5-6 sites each day......... If I didn't keep a work diary I'd never remember where I'd been and what I'd done each day.:001_smile:

What I didn't realise until today is that the legal bundle is on the Dock, so at least you have your witness statement to refer too.

Edited by eggsarascal

Its difficult as you no doubt know - but the thing to remember is that they don't know as much about your subject as you do.

Yes, they are divisive and are trying to trip you up, but, you have knowledge and experience of your subject on your side, and no matter what, you can correct them when they get the wrong end of the stick, which I enjoy and TBH, often it turns out that they don't...

Good effort though. I am sure you made a good representation of yourself.

Its difficult as you no doubt know - but the thing to remember is that they don't know as much about your subject as you do.

Yes, they are divisive and are trying to trip you up, but, you have knowledge and experience of your subject on your side, and no matter what, you can correct them when they get the wrong end of the stick, which I enjoy and TBH, often it turns out that they don't...

Good effort though. I am sure you made a good representation of yourself.

I worried more than I should have, I could feel my shirt getting wet with sweat. Once I was in the Dock talking about a job I know, it was a walk in the park. Saying that 'we' were the defendants and I saw on day one how 'our' Barrister tore strips off 'their' first witness all day long. I didn't fancy that.:001_rolleyes:

'Our' Barrister and Soliciter assured me that I did really well. I did correct 'their' Barrister on quite a few points. Time will tell what the outcome is.

I worried more than I should have, I could feel my shirt getting wet with sweat. Once I was in the Dock talking about a job I know, it was a walk in the park. Saying that 'we' were the defendants and I saw on day one how 'our' Barrister tore strips off 'their' first witness all day long. I didn't fancy that.:001_rolleyes:

'Our' Barrister and Soliciter assured me that I did really well. I did correct 'their' Barrister on quite a few points. Time will tell what the outcome is.

Well done eGg, at least you never let the side down:001_cool: Slippery feckers those barristers, good at getting folk to say things they dont mean and twisting things. A friend of mine had a good one (10k a day :confused1:) dealing with a complicated planning appeal, the other sides barrister did his thing and when my friend returned to his seat he quietly said to his barrister " I am glad he is not on our side" my friends barrister looked at him over the top of his glasses and with a wry smile said " dear boy I do believe he is". They won the day :)

Bob

Well done eGg, at least you never let the side down:001_cool: Slippery feckers those barristers, good at getting folk to say things they dont mean and twisting things. A friend of mine had a good one (10k a day :confused1:) dealing with a complicated planning appeal, the other sides barrister did his thing and when my friend returned to his seat he quietly said to his barrister " I am glad he is not on our side" my friends barrister looked at him over the top of his glasses and with a wry smile said " dear boy I do believe he is". They won the day :)

Bob

Hi Bod mate, we only went and won.:thumbup:

[ame]

[/ame]