New super fast log splitter. Must watch.

Jonesie

Would be interested if it also came with a hydraulic motor as well as electric. Dont fancy carting a generator into the woods just to split a few logs whereas I always have hydraulic couplings on all tractors. Certainly taking onboard what Pike says I would need a V shaped log holder and remote control. Many a time I have been grateful for the metal guard on my Palax as a log has exploded on the splitter.

I want one, will there be a 10t version in the near future? Or any info on the 25t? Thanks.

Hi JOHN AS say 25ton would nice to see JUSTIN has 25ton one have a table with or a log retainer stops the log dropping onto the floor then you have to pick the log up off the floor ok on 5ton one as it only splits small logs but when doing LARGE RINGS you do not want to bend your back and picked having rings up off the ground thanks John

Hi JOHN AS say 25ton would nice to see JUSTIN has 25ton one have a table with or a log retainer stops the log dropping onto the floor then you have to pick the log up off the floor ok on 5ton one as it only splits small logs but when doing LARGE RINGS you do not want to bend your back and picked having rings up off the ground thanks John

The splitter in the Japa is fast enough but the Balfor A11 while strong is pretty flippin slow. I don't bother with rougher timber, just clean softwood bar and chip or plantation hardwood, syc, ash etc.

Showed this vid to a sawsmith mate today.

He was impressed.

Even if it will only work on reasonably straight grained stuff, the speed is impressive, especially considering the price.

We both agreed we'd prefer it table-mounted for a more ergonomic working height, but it wouldn't be too hard to knock something up.

I'd happily trial one Justin.

Feel free to pop one down with a couple of slabs of Peroni on Saturday.

I'll get Ruth to make the settee up.

I would certainly be interested in the 25t model. I have been looking at these for a while and trying to source one from the USA where SuperSplit started them in 1978 (according to their website).

The US seems to have accommodated the safety differences over the last 37 years and I am sure we can too. To me it will be a nice problem getting used to the safety aspects of a decent pace rather than hanging around for the even the quickest hydraulic cycle to finish.

Is this a chinese rebadge (like the Zipper I think, not sure about the RockRapide) or something that it is likely to have some decent quality control behind it? The mechanism of these is so simple that it should be a lot easier to get it right!