Jensen A518Di wood chipper feedback

samgriff

Hi all. I'm looking to purchase a second hand chipper and i'm going to look at a Jensen A518Di wood chipper (2003) this week. Has anyone used one of these? How do they compare to tw150 etc?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I had one , good chipper , kept up with a 150 unfortunately it threw a set of blades and buggered it right up. .i sold it for spares or repair to guy in Durham , it's not that one is it ? Think mine was 2001 does it have a handbreak ? I don't think they tow as nice as the 150 , bounced around a made a noise ,

I had one , good chipper , kept up with a 150 unfortunately it threw a set of blades and buggered it right up. .i sold it for spares or repair to guy in Durham , it's not that one is it ? Think mine was 2001 does it have a handbreak ? I don't think they tow as nice as the 150 , bounced around a made a noise ,

I picked yours. The lads in Durham did a fantastic job on it and it really goes well :001_smile:

Thanks for the reply. Not sure. The seller had two of these. Hard to tell from photos but can't see a hand brake and looks like cowl has had previous damage!

Jensen A518 Di Chipper WoodChipper Stump Grinder Like Timberwolf Greenmech | eBay

That's not mine , that one has a handbrake , mine looked brand new as had been refurbished , is the guy's name Adam ??

One thing I did find is that parts will be getting harder to source for it and probably expensive , having said that if it runs and chips it is a good chipper so don't be put off ,

I picked yours. The lads in Durham did a fantastic job on it and it really goes well :001_smile:

One thing to add , is that before I got rid of it I noticed it was slightly leaking coolent from one of the core plugs on the engine , nothing major it's just s cap that needs replacing as they rust through

One thing to add , is that before I got rid of it I noticed it was slightly leaking coolent from one of the core plugs on the engine , nothing major it's just s cap that needs replacing as they rust

They may have sorted it . I been keeping an eye on the level and it doesn't seem to be losing any but thanks for the heads up. Do you find the 150 doesn't cope so well with firs compared to the 518

That's not mine , that one has a handbrake , mine looked brand new as had been refurbished , is the guy's name Adam ??

One thing I did find is that parts will be getting harder to source for it and probably expensive , having said that if it runs and chips it is a good chipper so don't be put off ,

Ok. cool. Yes seller's name is adam. I don't know him personally. Have you had any dealings?

One thing to add , is that before I got rid of it I noticed it was slightly leaking coolent from one of the core plugs on the engine , nothing major it's just s cap that needs replacing as they rust

They may have sorted it . I been keeping an eye on the level and it doesn't seem to be losing any but thanks for the heads up. Do you find the 150 doesn't cope so well with firs compared to the 518

In all honesty I don't think there's much between them , the 150 has a bigger engine and poxy little blades the Jensen has smaller engine and better flywheel and bigger blades , , as said I think the 150 tows nicer that 518 needs a handbrake ,