Tirfor winch

Countryboy

I use the 1600KG tirfor clone, cable use to be in a cage but for the last year I coil it into a motorbike front tire, much easier.

Used it loads, from hung up trees to recovering transits out of drainage ditches to pulling out "up to the axles in mud" quad bike.

Great bits of kit, the 32 is a lump ,used a mates to pull a nasty old oak that had split,not recommended but have a bit of scaffold tube for extra pulling power lol, and dont use the hook back around the cable,use a strop etc (grandmother and eggs)

Buy one !

I have never seen a tirfor. But watched a film. THE WALK about a nutty Frenchman who walked a tightrope between the original World Trade Center towers in 1974. I'm sure he used one in the film.

Not a film I would normally choose to watch, it killed boredom on the plane yesterday.

Whatever you do don't buy a lug all. I have one and it lives in the truck it takes up little space but is quite weak and a pain to release or let out when under tension. I'm surprised they are ce marked it would be very easy to loose a finger when letting it out.

That said I will persevere with it until it's paid for itself.

• 2 years later...

Tirfor only gets a few outings a year and today was one of them, A gurt stump roadside that needed ripping out and no space for a big machine or the Boughton, used an adjacent tree to anchor off and teased it out with the tirfor /mini digger.

39CA67BF-63A0-4C9C-9A1D-F8A3188B6EDE_zps

• Like 2