BSL Suppliers Audit

County 764

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What were the hoops that have done for you John?

I registered for air dried arb arisings and producer/supplier for pellets, didn't find it too taxing - 10 mins on each of the forms, just put arb arisings in the box that needed all the sustainability surveys etc. They went straight through.

Only hiccup was they thought my 2 separate applications were 1 and that I'd submitted it twice with pellets in error. Sorted that out over the phone and explained it was 2 separate app's.

I've done 1 round of quarterly returns. Haven't found it too taxing as yet unless there's something lurking 'round the corner.

Sold 10 cubes last quarter, had a panic phone call from another user Friday asking for 10 cubes and have a couple of known users waiting for some when it becomes available.

Are you RHI kiln drying by any chance? Is it that which adds layers of admin and complexity?

Where do I start. I like you have been doing quarterly returns and to date have done 3 quarters all fine until Nov when they said I should have filed a land criteria form in by last Jul. Not even heard of it but duly filled in as all my timber is from Arb Arising so did not think any problem. This is the Land Criteria we are talking about.

http://biomass-suppliers-list.service.gov.uk/docs/default-source/default-document-library/bsl-evidence-for-land-criteria7aaad0e54a3366dc893cff0000c4d98c.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Bit of background to my operation. Most of my timber I drag in up to 5mtr lengths multiple species normally hardwood. Anything smaller than 12 inch diameter put straight through processor and converted into logs. Anything larger goes through the rack saw and is planked with outer timber and bark chipped to make G30 wood chip which is the only registration we have on BSL.

I registered as Sawmill co product as that is what I believe it is. The idiots at BSL say I now have to deregister and reregister as Arb Waste. Problem with that at the moment I only have to record trees over 12 inch diameter which is probably only 10% of my entire stock if these idiots get there way I would have to record all trees which if you strictly follow the code needs to be detailed enough to identify Source of tree, species of tree, appropriate authorisation for felling, Needless to say I am not very impressed.

Edited by renewablejohn

this is the form you fill out.

sec 2 page 2.

below 750t go straight to end and sign and return.

as i said previously you must be above the 750t threshold ???

Yes that is part of the problem I am registered for 10,000 tonnes. Its actually section 5 which is causing the issue as I am registered for Sawmill waste but my product is 100% from Arb waste. Unfortunately either Confor have badly designed the form or BSL are idiots and cannot interpret the form but the end result should be the same whether its Sawmill waste or Arb waste both are fully exempt.

Quite frankly I am disappointed with Confor although I am not a member I did get onto them in respect of the issues I was having with the interpretation by BSL of their form and they have not even had the decency to give me a response. Thankfully it is the APF this year so somebody at Confor will get a real ear bending in my best Anglo Saxon.

Yes that is part of the problem I am registered for 10,000 tonnes. Its actually section 5 which is causing the issue as I am registered for Sawmill waste but my product is 100% from Arb waste. Unfortunately either Confor have badly designed the form or BSL are idiots and cannot interpret the form but the end result should be the same whether its Sawmill waste or Arb waste both are fully exempt.

Quite frankly I am disappointed with Confor although I am not a member I did get onto them in respect of the issues I was having with the interpretation by BSL of their form and they have not even had the decency to give me a response. Thankfully it is the APF this year so somebody at Confor will get a real ear bending in my best Anglo Saxon.

That's a huge tonnage are you selling it all to people claiming under the RHI? All the authorised stuff I process goes into my home boiler although annual production is at 500t I asked the help desk if I should reduce my tonnage to reflect no sales but was advised to leave the annual production volume as it is, just in case you want to sell woodfuel down the line.

That's a huge tonnage are you selling it all to people claiming under the RHI? All the authorised stuff I process goes into my home boiler although annual production is at 500t I asked the help desk if I should reduce my tonnage to reflect no sales but was advised to leave the annual production volume as it is, just in case you want to sell woodfuel down the line.

No the 10,000 tonnes is just for a CHP plant but if need be I can stick 2 fingers upto BSL and use other biomass instead.

Got this email today yet another audit, ok not a suppliers audit.

We would like to inform you that you have been selected for a site audit for your Domestic RHI heating system. It will be carried out by our external contractors (Ricardo) and overseen by the Domestic RHI Audit Team at Ofgem E-Serve.

What’s involved?

You will be contacted shortly by Ricardo to find a suitable date and time to visit the premises of the DRHI system. Please note that the audit will be arranged by Ricardo and you as they will undertake the audit, Ofgem do not arrange these audits.

During this visit they will examine the system and its associated infrastructure. This should only take 1-2 hours.

Please note that we expect the audit to be carried out within 28 days of the date of this notification. We appreciate your co-operation with this.

In order for this audit to be carried out as smoothly as possible, please can you ensure you have the following documents to hand:

· Valid ID (e.g. utility bill or council tax bill)

· MCS Certificate

· MCS Compliance Certificates (for installations commissioned on or after 16th March 2014)

· Domestic EPC Certificate

· Green Deal Report

· Purchase receipts for the installation.

· Purchase receipts for any fuel (if you have a Biomass installation). Please be aware of biomass sustainability requirements which came into force on 5th October 2015. For more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/403105/Biomass_Sustainability_Requirements_-_Info_Sheet_-_Domestic_RHI_Feb_15_Final.pdf for more information.

· Maintenance receipts

· Calibration certificates for meters (if you have meters as part of your Domestic RHI heat installation)

· Grant letter (if you have received a grant for you heat installation)

Please note that, in addition to the above, our external contractors (Ricardo) have the right to request further evidence in order to verify compliance with the scheme.

The auditors may also require access to rooms within the property to inspect the heating system, and possibly to the loft to inspect insulation. Please let them know beforehand of any access issues to the heating system or the property.

The auditors will always present identification prior to entering your property

What happens afterwards?

Following the site audit we will inform you of the findings as soon as possible, including details of any follow-up actions where appropriate.

We appreciate your cooperation with this process.

If you need any further clarification or information regarding the site audit process, please contact the Domestic RHI Site Audit team on (0203 263 9955 or email [email protected])

Kind regards

Domestic RHI Audit and Compliance Team

Ofgem

9 Millbank

London

SW1P 3GE

Tel: 0203 263 9955

http://www.ofgem.gov.uk