Work in Australia

T01

• 2 months later...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found it very easy to get work over there. was working for about 3 companys at one stage in north queens land for about 6 months, noone asked for tickets or even cvs. damn hot tho, in summer it was getting past 40' and around 150 humidity. have to drink atleast 10lts a day while working. damn good money also. was working on a tropical island for a bit with a climber working on the palms. he was getting $30 a palm and was doing around 40 a day...he was a monster

so yea deffanatly worth giving it a go....good luck with the green ants

I worked in Oz for 11 months and boy, is it hot. You don't realize just how hot it is until you start working in it. We had two days at 50 degrees out in the west of Sydney and it was almost impossible to move never mind climb. The snakes and spiders never bothered me but the ants, especially the bulldog ants, were horrendous. They're worse when they have infested a tree and you then have to dismantle that particular tree. I had ants quite literally in my pants and dance I did. The Ozzies are a good bunch though and there's some cracking scenery but it all looks a bit brown and very Gummy. If you need an easy start point, Asplundh and Treescape are usually looking for workers and it might be easier to get into the country with a large firm then look elsewhere once you've got sorted. From my personal point of view it's NZ all the way. Greener and just a little more acceptable temperature wise for an aging fella like me.

i was weirded out first time i saw somone eat one. mid conversation he just picked up an ant and ate it! didnt bat an eyelid. i was speachless!!

but yes they are quite good. good cure for headaches aswell

Too easy, just like everything in Oz !!!