Work in Australia

T01

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys

i startd my career as an arborist in NZ! i emigrated there and did a 2 year certificate in arb level 4 in Hamilton in the north island.

its an amazing place and i think i would rather work there tthan oz, i dont know for sure koz i havnt worked in oz but its so mega hot there at times and the dangerous poisonous stuff doesnt invite me! Plus kiwi people are wkd to work with.

ive been back in england now climbing for 2 years but just in the progress of sorting out my return flight to nz. My ex employer out there has offered me his business and i cant say no! im guna get back out there and continue climbing, this time for myself!

hes well istablished and a blinding bloke so wish me luck.

so i rekn go 4 it! if you wana move somewhere and work make it somewere different nz or oz! if you dont like it come back! :)

atree, where abouts in nz are ya mate?

hi chris,im in christchurch,Im the same as you,a bit,done my nptc and a started out as a groundie back home in scotland,then moved here with folks 4 years ago started at the bottom learning to climb and now with 3yrs exp im a site manager/team leader and a lead climber,so all is good,:thumbup1:

hi a lopa if u need climbers u could sub them im sure if u needed them for certain trees especially if u needed big stuff doing. were in kilmore and have no luck with climbers got so much work on and just not enough fellas but the boss is very paticular at who he uses.

pm me where you are and ur company name and maybe we can sort something out.

at least the weather is on the up ay, that rain was getting a bit to pom like for me.

Hey there, I know I don't post here at ArbTalk as much as I'd love to..............

But..............

My friend is going to Sydney Australia and would love to climb and work.

He's the wizard of wood, Great rigger, Great Faller, and an animal for work.

He looks like a viking.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ALWAYS jobs in Melbourne for decent tree workers.

So, so true.

We've had a lot of oversea's workers come and work with us as part of their travels. Most of them have been fantastic, but the thing that annoys me the most is people talking themselves up, and then being incapable of doing the walking.

Just be honest about your abilities and a good safe work ethic - you'll have a job!