Dolmar

shavey

I used my 7910 on its first job today... I have to admit it was a bit over powered for what it  was doing.... but it was good fun...

I did have a small problem and it might be operator error.... The Chainsaw starts up bang on when you want it to from cold... But when I have been using it and then put it down for a bit to do some chipping and pick it up again. When I try to start it, it is a bit of a struggle to get it going again..

I have tried starting it in the following ways.... 

- Just pull starting it

- Half Choke (choke pulled out and back in before pull  starting)

- Full Choke start and back to half choke start
And yes I have ensured the stop switch was reset to allow it to start.

Any advice on what I might be doing wrong?

Dolmar7910-Pic01.JPG

• Thanks 1

On 20/11/2018 at 19:23, Jamie Jones said:

I am intrigued as I have seen the Makita/Dalmar saws that comes with the metal boxes as to what it looks like inside and is there easy tools storage and securing features?

Ive got the box. It's the 50(ish)cc saws can come in the box (quite often the saw pushed  as a 'farmer saw') Dolmar 115i or makita dcs520/5200 and now the 5100 series...

My 6401 doesn't fit but id need to check whether the 6800i would or not (pretty sure it won't)

In a vehicle it's a good idea for safe storage, but my one lives in the shed - I tend to use it for keeping spare parts in.

Like @shavey says, the bar stays on the saw and it pokes out of a slot - then you put the scabbard over the bar to protect the chain. There's room to put some tools/spare chains in around the saw, but not lots of space. It's a nice thing if you have it, but you wouldn't miss it if you didnt

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCS6800i said:

Nice!

The Meteor replacements seem pretty good.

Cheers for the catalogues ?

I'm still waiting on that clutch bearing to come in for my 6800

That should be here soon , I checked and there some parts available for the 6800i

but mostly it’s the parts that didn’t fail or wear out typical 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCS6800i said:

Ive got the box. It's the 50(ish)cc saws can come in the box (quite often the saw pushed  as a 'farmer saw') Dolmar 115i or makita dcs520/5200 and now the 5100 series...

My 6401 doesn't fit but id need to check whether the 6800i would or not (pretty sure it won't)

In a vehicle it's a good idea for safe storage, but my one lives in the shed - I tend to use it for keeping spare parts in.

Like @shavey says, the bar stays on the saw and it pokes out of a slot - then you put the scabbard over the bar to protect the chain. There's room to put some tools/spare chains in around the saw, but not lots of space. It's a nice thing if you have it, but you wouldn't miss it if you didnt

Yeah well put the boxes are ok but not a deal breaker if you didn’t get one 

Last year a guy from lake placid USA  bought a Dolmar PS-3410th and he insisted on 

having a metal box and he wanted it filled with hats , coffee cups and some other memorabilia  perfect for me as at least the saw and cups didn’t get beat up 

• Like 1