Dolmar

shavey

9 hours ago, Ian C said:

Hi Andrew

Long time no hear!

out little dolly is still running, don't get much use mind, what ever happened to the new top handle mak/dolmar were bringing out?

Hello Ian 

yes long time , they’ve come out and I’ve sold a couple of them haven’t heard from anyone so that’s good news , yeah I’ve been a bit laxadazical lately I should have posted some photos and information  , I will get one ordered up and maybe  do. A partial breakdown of the saw on here so everyone can see what it’s like 

meanwhile I’ll put up some stock  photos

6C950F38-AC13-4CDC-A2E4-44173B6FC04E.jpeg

2DD3527B-DE16-45DF-A3E0-CBA093349EE5.jpeg

B5C6D218-97DC-44CF-8A12-B9F8E2604FA5.jpeg

9 minutes ago, harvey b davison said:

Hi Andrew, the 420 is a cracking saw, punches well above its class. Loved mine when I had it. What was the cause of the problem with that one I part Ex'd you Andrew.

Hello Harvey thanks it is a fantastic Saw the 420 everyone likes them I’ve had some good feedback on the 420’s

your old 350 was a carb overhaul, new plug and fuel filter and tune up 

Iam sorry I forgot too get back too you about the multitool Dolmar have made them NLA

but Iam always on the lookout for any that come up for sale

2 hours ago, Jamie Jones said:

I am intrigued as I have seen the Makita/Dalmar saws that comes with the metal boxes as to what it looks like inside and is there easy tools storage and securing features?

Yes there is a catch you can put a lock on there’s a slot in the end so you can leave your bar on t(e saw and stick it through there’s a small amount of padding in the box , also there’s a square compartment in the corner to keep any small items from getting damaged 

sometimes Dolmar offer  certain models as a XXL package and you get the box and some other consumables included

• Like 1

21 hours ago, shavey said:

Hello Ian 

yes long time , they’ve come out and I’ve sold a couple of them haven’t heard from anyone so that’s good news , yeah I’ve been a bit laxadazical lately I should have posted some photos and information  , I will get one ordered up and maybe  do. A partial breakdown of the saw on here so everyone can see what it’s like 

meanwhile I’ll put up some stock  photos

6C950F38-AC13-4CDC-A2E4-44173B6FC04E.jpeg

2DD3527B-DE16-45DF-A3E0-CBA093349EE5.jpeg

B5C6D218-97DC-44CF-8A12-B9F8E2604FA5.jpeg

What sort of price can you supply this for? Am I correct that it's about 30cc?

On 09/11/2018 at 21:21, Dan Maynard said:

I would definitely be interested in a piston if the price isn't silly. It's been a good saw, although to be honest I use it less now I've got a 461. Taken down a few trees with it though, thought a pic would be nice.

Ash.jpg

@Dan Maynard I’ve got that piston for your 6000i if you still need it £17.89+vat

On 12/11/2018 at 17:56, DCS6800i said:

@shavey as promised

It has been chucking it down here today, so not much I could get on with outside so started on the 6800...

Everything went smoothly and it was a very straightforward build.

I have made 1 balls up though... I have a 115i stripped for spares also, and lifted the wrong oil pump worm drive!! It is pressed onto the crank, like a bearing, and I only realised it was wrong after I had pressed it on!! I need to make an adaptor for my pullers to get it back off, as they don't fit... but minus the oil pump and clutch she is rebuilt.

Took a bit of work to get her to fire up but the beast is alive!! The carb needs set properly, and obviously she needs finished before I can do that but I'm buzzing that she's running. (I hope the videos work - they were much longer but I had to cut them for the 7mb limit on here)

IMG_20181111_144907818.jpg

IMG_20181011_142747321.jpg

IMG_20181112_141203128.jpg

IMG_20181112_165334228.jpg

I managed too snag a OEM piston for 120Si / 6800i this week 

• Like 1