Starting CS100 first time

Luckyeleven

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doh! This does catch out a lot of people. I always say, pull it over by hand to ensure that the drum can freely rotate then smack the red button firmly and pull it up firmly to make sure that it is engaged. Then turn the key! Welcome to the family and post a picture! Have you named it and joined the Wee Chipper Club?

Doh! This does catch out a lot of people. I always say, pull it over by hand to ensure that the drum can freely rotate then smack the red button firmly and pull it up firmly to make sure that it is engaged. Then turn the key! Welcome to the family and post a picture! Have you named it and joined the Wee Chipper Club?

Yep thats the important bit. It's so easy to leave a small bit of wood in the hopper which doesn't get processed and ejected so when you stop the motor it falls down between the drum and hopper.

If it's chunky enough it will jam on the blades and stop the enjun from turning over next time you go to start it.

For that reason alone i'm glad i only have a pull starter as i reckon this cud potentially damage an electric starter mechanism (plus i don't have the weight of the battery and starter to push/lug around too). I use the blower to clear the hopper when the enjun is still running and only turn it off when i'm certain there is nothing to obstruct the rotation of the drum.

If and when i get a blocked up drum i tilt the chipper backwards and lay it on the ground and actually squeeze me curvy bod head first up inside the drum and use a short length of stick to rotate the drum in a backwards direction and clear the debris that is causing the blockage. This looks very dodgy and dangerous and you don't wanna be seen doing it roadside but it works :lol:

Top tip about the blower mate, I found out the hard way....had to take cassette out to clear the blockage! I always stick the blower in there now!!!!:)

yep and pull the rubber flaps to one side (fnar fnar) and do a visual inspection (visor down of course as they do spit back quite violently) to ensure it's clear after blowing it thru.